Shapin up to be a good green race in the c1 division

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

This cant happen again... No one racin for OCs.

Next year we need to put out a handful of people that have the skills and stones to race the green. n while we r there we can call everyone else wussies cuz OC is way more badass.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

yes eddy. show up, swim the green, then talk smack. sounds like an excellent plan.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

the green is fo real. fun, but fo-real. i followed cluck down it a while ago, that was a great idea... i think there are a handful of folks here who can do it well... it's too bad Ryan Bahn is out in Bend, and Erik Amason isn't racing either, then it would have been a real race, haha. it's a bumber when you think that the charlotte course is there, and all of us that moved there for racing have either left, or are more into the green... way to go usnwc.
I if hepp trained, it's going to be a good one, it will be a good race anyway, i miss the SE...
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

it's gonna be so darn cold sittin there watching i don't think i'm going unless i here jim snyder is striding it!
cadster
CBoats Addict

Post by cadster »

BT post has nine C-1ers:

http://boatertalk.com/forum/BoaterTalk/1052227882/

Is there a popular boat?
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

http://www.boatingbeta.com/race/green_registered

couple cascades, green boat, stinger, hundy, and of course the response.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

hepp will likely be in his scade, tad's got the hundy, he likes it. j f-ing ditty, where are you? what boat are you in?
Last edited by bearboater on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

he's on the list in the response.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:Hey Craig. Where r all the L'edges at in the race?!? How r all those race fans gonna know about the words best OC1 creeker from Esquif with no one there to paddle it?

U should totally late register and own it up.
Have you ever seen the "Notch" in person... it's a total mindfuuhhh...$crew... anyway... plus I wouldn't want Will to wee-wee on me and then have to brutally kill him at the afterparty in front of all those kayakers. Seriously... there's less than a handful of OC'ers that have ever actually ran the Notch and Gorilla direct. I've seen Eli do it once in person... cool as h-e-double tooth picks but still very serious... I also saw him walk right around it another time.

Eli has literllay carried the torch for "us" practically alone for a decade in the OC1 division of the G/R... sadly he won't be there this year to represent open canoes for personal reasons.

That being said... if the Green were in my backyard I'd probably dial in the notch and gireela at some point... but mind you during the race it's a whole 'nother story than just dialing in a serious two-step drop after you've stared at it for half an hour. You have to run everything above it at full speed... cruise into the notch, huck the monkey, blow pass speed-trap and still actually finish the race.

For those of you that will race the Green this weekend... have raced the Green and someday will race the Green... my hat is off to you... and you more than deserve it.

I'm jus' looking forward to seeing how many C1 times eclipse K1 mens (short and long) times on Monday morning.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
cpaddler57
c

Craig's Post

Post by cpaddler57 »

Amen...
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

pretty much the new kid on the face of extreme kayak racing, ijew, isaac levinson is likely going to take it this year. he beat the record last year, and got 2nd. he's been racing very well abroad as well. it'll be fun to see how people do...
Atucky
CBoats Addict

Post by Atucky »

I've talked to Eli about the notch and gorilia, and he certainly has a solid plan of attack. Sounds like it's all about angle and attack. However, he still had a significant mishap last year. Luckily, he's Eli, and was able to trust his roll, and roll up on the lip of the launching pad!! Even kayakers don't do that!!

I agree Craig. my hats off to him for holding the torch! The green is in my back yard, and I'm still not racing anytime soon. Call me whatevah you wish.... I love to see open boaters paddling the narrows.. of the Green that is....even if it's not racing..
Adam Trunnell
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

i was lucky enough to run it with matt, dooley, and scriver recently. we got some interesting looks.
crawpappy
C Boater

Post by crawpappy »