tommy needs to come out to CALI

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Larry Horne
C Maven

tommy needs to come out to CALI

Post by Larry Horne »

No it's not a showdown..

The deal is..These cali boys ain't seen an oc on anything over class three since I quit back in the 90's. :wink:
uhh. That's a lie. Dave ran pauley falls a few years ago and it's still all they can talk about...
Anyhow, I used to see ww boats all over and in the shops, but no more. The shops don't carry ww oc since Dagger gave em up, and Mohawk killed all their dealers long ago. :evil:

These guys out here are truely clueless about oc. So i figure this is the place to bring the show.

come on out this spring.
..just PLEASE..promise be mellow around me :wink: my nerves are shot.
Larry
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

I'll pony up a least $20 for gas for the boy! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

we already have a date with Dry meadow creek...not the best but a dream.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Upper Cherry Creek. it's on the radar for me.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Keep working hard, playing hard, but save some $ each week if you can. It's surprising how little you can live off of if you really try. Then treat yourself to a nice road trip:). Car or National Forest camping is cheap (free). I did a road trip in '94, $600 for the month... and most of that was gas. Upstate NY to CO, down to AZ and NM, up CA to OR and WA, back through MT the UP and cutting across part of Ontario to get home.

If you've never seen the country that way it is VERY worth doing. Moreso if you can bring a boat (that will increase the gas costs... and gas costs a lot more than it did in '94... I know that from my '08 trip out to CO / UT / MT and up in to Canada with AdkSara :) ).

Back to squirreling $ away - I challenged myself for a summer in college (guiding) to live only on tips (and the Hudson wasn't running during the summer yet... was just a class II middle moose trip we guided from hardboats...oh, and the occasional Bottom Moose trip (and playing:) ). Saved all my pay towards college that fall... and managed to save enough extra to pick up that Schlegel I'm always going on about.

Who knows, you and Creeker might even be able to sell a few DVDs to help fund it too...if the two of you want to go that route.

Keep dreaming big... and chasing those dreams:)
Keep the C!
Adam
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Hook up with someone heading to Colorado for the Nationals and hit the goods there. LOTS of quality stuff that will knock your socks off. Ask Cadster and some of the other CO guys, I'm sure they know some stuff that will challenge you. Check out OBJ (Oh Be Joyfull) on youtube.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Wayne and I have discussed the idea of selling videos as DVDs.... but we both really like the fact that it's free because it hits an audience that wouldnt otherwise pay for it.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Understood.

Here's a thought - "sell" them with a price of asking folks to pay what they feel is appropriate. I would suspect that the folks that would pick them up for free still will... but you might find a bunch of other folks, especially after watching it and seeing the great quality Creeker puts out, decide it's only fair to send a few bucks in.

Just a thought!
Keep the C!
Adam
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Or create a page for it and put a 'donations' button that links to a paypal account. Its classy to mention the ability to make a donation, then not beg. I think you'd be surprised at the outcome.
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

How bout I pay you for every stroke in the video that's not a brace or a roll and you credit me the same amount for each brace and roll you do in the video.
Oh wait, that means you'd owe me. That defeats the purpose.
Sorry, I was just brainstorming.
You know what they say about guys with long boats.............. I have a 16 footer!
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Lengthy....I'll take that deal as the sole editor of the videos :wink:
Infact you're in the red already with the promo alone. LOL
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Just don't go to gore canyon. You can't do that run in a canoe... haha seriously its fun to show up at the put-in of class V runs out west and hear everyones reactions
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Lol. listening to that story on the canoe movie was classssiccccc
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Lengthy - U run some of that stuff. Bracing is half of it(especially at the point i am at). So you don't get ur face ripped off. As the rolling... there was much less this second time around... which is great. Because Im' starting to really 'feel it'. and feel confident about sticking stuff. You should come out and boat Hornbecks with us. We'd have a blast :)

By the way...told u it wouldnt be long before that boof at national was cake.... now it would classify as merely 'lead-in' practice.
coloradopaddler
C Guru

Post by coloradopaddler »

i'd go to gore to watch "tommy boy".
In a canoe you don't just float down a river: you're part of it- a silent water creature responsive to every surge and flex of current, gliding like a fingertip over a naked green body. "The River Why" David James Duncan