women, boating, and...the ULTIMATUM

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

;)
Einar
CBoats Addict

Sounds like a dream

Post by Einar »

.. when 4 boats came on the market from one seller a 5 hour drive away, across a border, leave at 5 in the morning, bring cash, if you are not here first you lose the deal irregardless, my partner was out of bed at 4:30 and had the coffee ready with her passport in hand. Lets rock and roll.
There are good ones and there's great ones.
(Got the boats too)

Oh ya, she has driven more loggin road shuttles in a crapped out van than anyone I know.
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

At the take-out of the Upper Yough many, many moons ago a friend of mine said "I wish that I loved my wife as much as I love my boat". :roll:
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

I guess that's the dream... cuz if you love ur wife as much as u love ur boat... shes prob down with the whole bit and then some.

rachel drove me down 5 hrs to maryland when i didnt have my license to pick up the Detonator... only thing is... I don't think she really understood what I meant by this boat is going to allow me to take it to the next level. :roll:
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

OH YES EINAR, you have one of the best! Greetings from us to her!

Only problem here is that I can't have my better half drive the shuttle b/c she would rather be boating. Ah, I guess you can't have everything.. when we recently contemplated about death and whom I would inherit what (travelling/flying apart fr. each other for xmas), she was very upset when I suggested my Spark going to someone else.. I asked her why, she replied "well I have one, but you can never have enough boats".

I'll quote her on that one for sure.

;D
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

My wife, the one in the yellow Ocoee in my videos, is the one who got me into whitewater canoeing. I had little paddling experience at all when I met her. We did the tandem tango for a while then got interested in solo canoeing. I'm the one who bought her the Ocoee. I do her the favor of hauling her boat down to put-ins and out at take-outs and all the boat outfitting and repair. As much as I love my Prelude, I never get confused on who I want in my bed at night. My advice to anyone who isn't married yet is to find someone who likes the outdoors and adventure as much as you do. The couple who plays together, stays together. Though I've seen it work like others have posted here. My best kayaker buddy paddles generally both days of every weekend and his wife does her own thing. They make it work and have a great relationship. So go figure.
Einar
CBoats Addict

Draw the line

Post by Einar »

I had to draw the line. I was running late for the put in, folks was on the river and I was scrambling to get the wetsuit on and get the accessories down to the bank and head back up for the boat... and down comes Linda with the boat (Detonator) I took such a ribbing from the crowd that I would rather just be late.