Advice

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

AYockey
C Guru

Advice

Post by AYockey »

I'm paddling a converted Mr. Clean now, and I am after a new boat (I need to expand my collection). I'm thinking Delirious or Blitz. I was wondering about the lack of pillars in the delirious. Has it caused anyone problems? Also, what is the session like compared to these? Looking for a river runner/player. 190 lbs. 5'11". Thanks for any help.

Alex
Jan_dettmer
CBoats Addict

Post by Jan_dettmer »

Yo,

no pillars=no problem! That plastic is tough enough.
The D is not a very good river runner. But it is a very fun boat and much more balanced than the Mr Clean. The Delirious is more stable than the MC and also more stable on end.

It bow pearls like crazy though in smaller steeper waves. It flat spins real well but does not bounce. It is kind of old school.
If you wanna learn cartwheels and stuff this is the boat. Then, it is easier to move on to something else...

Jan
Piep
c

Post by Piep »

I paddle a C1 Delirious and I love this boat. As said , it is more a play boat than a river runner. It's hard to get speed as the front end goes under water when you lean forwards.
A good friend of mine used to paddle a C1 Session. This boat is more agressive than the Delirious. It carves harder, and moves like donkey flips are easier.
I think the Session would do a better river runer tan the Delirious.

See yha !
French C1
nathan
c

Post by nathan »

My brother paddles a Session has loves it so much he refuses to sell it. I have paddled it myself and really like it. At 170 lbs, its easy as hades to throw around. I have often found myself doing some Zero to Heroes without any problem and unintially. It is edgy, and the stability is poor until you get used to it. After that, you will be fine. I think it would definitely be a better boat than the Delirium. But then again, I am biased towards LiquidLogic myself. :)

An easier more user friendly version of the Session is the Ultrafuge/Centrifuge line from Dagger. Its not quite as edgy but then again, you do sacrifice a lot of play as well. But then again, the bow does go pearl when leaning forward as well which kills any speed you may have had.

Hope this helps.
The best boaters in the world are C boaters
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Post by NZMatt »

Hmmm...at 190lbs, I think the delirious could be kinda twitchy. I paddled one K1 a fw years back and really liked the boat, but I weigh around 150-155lbs. At that time my normal boat was a Blitz :) which is a far more forgiving boat and would probably be a better C1 at 190lbs (I think).

I was paddling a Blitz Special as a C1 until just recently when I traded it to my club for their XXX C1 ( they really needed a more beginner friendly boat). The Blitz Special makes an excellent C1 and has the same hull as the Blitz (only difference is the special is lower volume - they used to be squashed/shrunken post molding...not sure if that is still the case). The Special would still be a good C1 at 190lbs, although the exact volume is somehwat variable. The Blitz spins great, runs rivers great (I've taken the Special down class IV as a K1 and would do the same as a C1 quite happily....I've seen a C1 Special run down Crystal (class V) on the Bottom Moose, but that guy is both insane and a sick paddler. :)

You should be able to flatwater cartwheel the Blitz with practise, although it has more volume in the ends than most modern "long" designs.

Hope this helps.
NZMatt

Hmmm....new country, new rivers...-
Still not enough c-boaters....
AYockey
C Guru

thanks

Post by AYockey »

I think I've decided against the delirious. I paddled the blitz (k1) on some burly stuff in NZ and loved it. I really want a blitz, but the session is easier to find used. Thanks for all the help guys. If anybody has a lead on a cheap blitz let me know.

Alex
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Blitz

Post by NZMatt »

Hi Alex
There was a guy selling a Blitz on www.npmb.com a while ago. I think it's my old boat in fact. Do a quick search on that forum and see if you can find it.
Matt
NZMatt

Hmmm....new country, new rivers...-
Still not enough c-boaters....