new comic, new free video is online.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pmp
CBoats Addict

new comic, new free video is online.

Post by pmp »

Hi Bubblestreet fan.
The new comic is up now, it's all about off season training, which coincidently is what my latest free paddlepointer instructional canoeing video is about.
For the off-season training canoe video go to http://paddlepointers.com/Skinoe_video.html
Links to the new comic can be found here http://www.bubblestreet.ca/New_Comic_Strip.html
Thanks
Paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Off season? What's that?

Have to admit the ski-noe is a cool idea. Now it's time for all the cboat.net innovators to come up with various models. I'm already asking myself whether the base that goes on the skis would be better made of Royalex or PE. I'm sure a better paddle could be made. I mean, a nail? Surely we can mount a ski pole basket on a carbon shaft.
Gord
Pain Boater

Post by Gord »

Paul,

Are you related to Red Green by chance? All that`s missing is duct tape.

I love it.

Gord

“If the women don`t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy”
pmp
CBoats Addict

ALF prep.

Post by pmp »

maybe I should have worked the skinoe into this years ALF t-shirt design...
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca
Marc Evans
C Guru

Post by Marc Evans »

Paul, I see in your skinoe an analogy with marathon canoeing. How about a freestyle version?

By the way, living where I do, there aren't many of us single bladers around, so I appreciate what you are doing with the videos. Most of what I learn is through books, videos and this website. My only thought is that when you have developed more videos you might just bundle them. I'm more likely purchase the whole batch at one time, than to purchase one or two at a time.

Marc
pmp
CBoats Addict

bundled videos

Post by pmp »

Hi Marc
A few people have asked about that. At the moment the attraction of this format is that it is a manageable amount of work to create bite size videos. If i were to wait until I have enough to package them together, I'm sure the techniques and boats will have developed to such an extent that the earlier clips will be outdated before the package is complete.
it is good to get feedback though, as one of your suggestions may hit upon the format that works both video and dollar wise.
Thanks
paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca