ion reflections

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Bob Wiggins
C Guru

ion reflections

Post by Bob Wiggins »

so, i got to try out canoemid's ion today.
my first impression: I'm buying one!
so anyway, as a teen who weighs 110 lbs soaking wet, and 5'7", i was concerned about being too light for the boat- everyone else was asking about the upper weight limit, i was asking about the lower! anyway, that turned out to be irrelevant, as i absolutely loved the boat. it surfed great (on what i could find on the lower green), boofed great, and was easier than my c-1 to roll, even with poorly fitting outfitting. it was also incredibly dry- it really did fit between the waves! it was also incredibly stable- i got out into the current and had trouble believing i was in a <7 foot boat. i am excited to get one, as i feel it will be a boat that i can enjoy now, as well as grow into as my size and skill increases. im excited to see how it handles on the ocoee next spring.
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Re: ion reflections

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

after padding bob britt's Ion on the Ocoee last month all i can say is its 100000000000000000% pure fun
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

yeah, it is a ton of fun! it also feels like a cork, but that helps.
canoemid
C Guru

Post by canoemid »

Bob,

You looked great in the Ion today. Teenagers and old folks can enjoy this boat at all levels. It's a great design Jeremy!!!
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

thank you! i had a lot of fun in it, and it was good to try it before i went to buy one.