Perception Spin as C1?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

SlickStick
C Boater

Perception Spin as C1?

Post by SlickStick »

hi

i am thinking of converting a perception spin into a C1, has anyone ever paddled a C1 spin before? if so i would be very greatful to hear what you think about it.

also, to anyone that hasnt paddled one, do you think that it is a suitable boat to convert?

Thanks very much

Peter
Drew W.
Pain Boater

Post by Drew W. »

timzjatl on this board paddled one of those for a while I think, if he's got his email listed in his profile thing you could ask him about it
SlickStick
C Boater

Post by SlickStick »

thanks very much for the reply, i will look for his e-mail.

If anyone else has any information on how a spin paddles, i would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks

Peter
Roger

C1 Spin

Post by Roger »

My wife paddles a C1 spin. She is 125lbs with good balance. We squished both ends so she could get vertical on flatwater. She finds it to be pretty unstable compared to other boats shes paddled (S:6 190, etc), but a lot of fun in non-threatening situations. It is a pretty narrow boat, so you have to keep your paddle movin and your hips loose. I think it is a great design if you are up to the challenge.

Roger
SlickStick
C Boater

Post by SlickStick »

Hi Roger

What sort of set-up did you use in the spin?

I recently bought a C1 kit from perception and was told that it would easily fit into the spin without having to modify much. When i got the kit home, i read the instructions and it said that it has to fit under the foam pillars in the front & back of the boat. Well, spins dont come with foam pillars, so i took it back to the shop and they said that they could fit it but they would have to remove the moulded pillars and it would make the boat less safe, i just asked for a refund instead.

Did you use a ready-made kit? or did you make your own?
Sorry for the boring story.

Thanks
Peter