Nexus vs. Vertige-X

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Gryphon
c

Nexus vs. Vertige-X

Post by Gryphon »

Has anyone paddled both the Bell Nexus and the new Esquif Vertige-X? Can you give us a review? I've heard nothing but good things about both boats. One (perhaps minor) concern is the quoted weight of the Vertige-X at 62 lbs. Any other comments on either boat?

Thanks.
danab
C Boater

call noc--instructors

Post by danab »

noc uses both nexus (sorry i refferred to this as prodigy in previous post). instructor i talked to had less than stellar reviews of nexus when compared to vertige x--they use boyt in classes. like the prodigy, the nexus has been described as very wet. in summary they liked v-x much better. neither as good a slalom boat as caption--but as i recall, you are looking for a starter boat. stay away from a triple saddle if you are concerned about wieght.

you can continue to dance on the head of a pin...or get a boat and enjoy what's left of the season. sounds like you, your son and vertige-x would be a good fit. pretty big for a solo boat for a 90 pound boy though. if you want it to go as solo too, guess you are stuck with triple saddle or adjustable double rig.
danab
C Boater

call noc--instructors

Post by danab »

noc uses both nexus (sorry i refferred to this as prodigy in previous post). instructor i talked to had less than stellar reviews of nexus when compared to vertige x--they use boyt in classes. like the prodigy, the nexus has been described as very wet. in summary they liked v-x much better. neither as good a slalom boat as caption--but as i recall, you are looking for a starter boat. stay away from a triple saddle if you are concerned about wieght.

you can continue to dance on the head of a pin...or get a boat and enjoy what's left of the season. sounds like you, your son and vertige-x would be a good fit. pretty big for a solo boat for a 90 pound boy though. if you want it to go as solo too, guess you are stuck with triple saddle or adjustable double rig.
montana c-1
Pain Boater

Post by montana c-1 »

I have paddled both boats, the nexus I find to be a lot of fun maybe a little wetter and slower(down river)than the vertige x but a lot of fun in both boats. Niether one would be a bad choice , however, pending on the type of boating you want to do. Vertiege x good boat a little faster. Nexus good boat slightly more manueverable.
just my two cents.
one blade one LOVE