playboat c1s

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Bob Wiggins
C Guru

playboat c1s

Post by Bob Wiggins »

when you get a playboat for a conversion, what are the guidelines on size? for example- if i wanted to get a project x, would i get the 48, where i am right in the middle of the weight range, but my legs would be too long as a kayak? or would i get the 56, which im on the light side for, but has the length that my legs would fit in as a kayak? does it matter? i really dont know how much difference the size of the boat makes (volume, length).

Bob
ian123
CBoats Addict

Re: playboat c1s

Post by ian123 »

If you re not paddling it as a kayak, what difference does it make if you fit in the kayak outfitting? Seems like a no brainer. Get the 48.
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

my only concern was that it might make enough of a difference to the area right around the cockpit to make a difference in fit. i was thinking the 48 would be best, but just wanted to make sure. thanks.
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

That shouldn't be a huge issue for the newer designs.

I guess creeking is just about done. Have fun.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Roughly the right weight is good for flatwater & hole moves that involve going vertical... going slightly bigger is an advantage for running more substantive rapids and going aerial (which often go together)...
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)