Open boating Costa rica

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

montana c-1
Pain Boater

Open boating Costa rica

Post by montana c-1 »

I have the oppurtunity to go down to Costa Rica for 10 days this november, I was thinking about running some rivers while I was down there. However, my boat will be in Montana and I don't like pushing rubber. does anyone know where or if you can rent a c-1 or an oc-1 down there? PLease help don't make me go rafting!!!!!!
Sean
One Blade ...one Love...
one blade one LOVE

Open boats

Post by guest »

yarnellboat

Post by yarnellboat »

I group of about 10 open canoers a various abilities from the Beaver Canoe Club in Vancouver went down to Costa Rica, with Coast Rica Rios, last winter. I believe on Costa Rica Rios' website they now have a slideshow specifically for canoes, based on last year's trip. For this group that went last year, Coast Rica Rios bought a bunch of new boats - I think the solos were MR Outrages and the tandems Probe 14s - so, their probably game to get more canoeists.

If you check the newsletters on the Beaver's website, you might be able to find more info. The Beavers loved it, and our organizing another trip for this winter.

http://www.beavercanoeclub.org/

Pat.