ALF 2010- Who's coming????

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Louie
I love the Idea of very little planning trust me I can live without doing all that work. My main reason for planing is that my kid is to born around the 18th and i want to get to play. So lets scrap the food and the t-shirts and all that Jazz and say the race is set for Sunday if nothing better is going on. What was it you said one time We call they come and boat. I dont want to put huge amounts of time into this just to be setting in the Delivery room. the first weekend and a few random days will prob be the only time I can boat So I like the idea of keeping this as simple as possible
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Louie

Post by Louie »

Sounds good, if anything better is runnin Tellico would proberly be too high anyway. I think you got a good plan.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

eye 2nd...
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

do we have to still be in our boats cross ing the finish line, to finish? My boat is faster than me and I remember it taking off ahead pf me at Jareds knee last year.
Proud Yankee
iRolled
BlackFly Canoes

Post by iRolled »

Very true. If something else is running, Tellico will probably be to high, wich ain't sugar cookie to a super hero like me. Right Louie. But, Sunday sounds great. I'm there.
Team Blackfly
http://www.blackflycanoes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.astraldesigns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.immersionresearch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

I'd love to make it down - but I lost my license for 2 months - so It would be awesome if I can find someone to drive down there with. I am from Harrisburg, PA.

Only things I have to worry about are class Tuesday and Thursday, and can realistically skip one of em. Other than that I am open.
jh

Post by jh »

someone asked this question earlier in the thread but i didn't see a response...

is this a drysuit only even or can you get by with a wetsuit...i've paddled (and swam!) in cooler temps before and been fine. what kind of air and water temps do you expect?
hoping to make it down..thanks.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Thats a personall call It want be freezeing but it will be cool.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Louie

Post by Louie »

Bring both. The Canadian will be walkin around in shorts and tee shirts the locals will have on snow boots and fur linned parkas
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

Louie wrote:Bring both. The Canadian will be walkin around in shorts and tee shirts the locals will have on snow boots and fur linned parkas
Hawawain shirts!
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

No racing or rodeo for me. Just some relaxin, boatin some fun stuff, and takin lots o safety breaks. Anybody else thinkin the same? 8)
Louie

Post by Louie »

The rodeo stuff is a Joke and most of the GDI will be racin to finish last place (safety breaks). Lenghty make sure I hook you up with Dick on race day. I will go kinda of fast my first lap but will catch up with you and Dick on my second run of the day, should catch you around baby falls. Will be good to meet the face behind the mouth, so to speak. If the Obed and the BSF go big you will be glad you are in that coal barge.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Robert Harrison from Loudon will be boatin with us. He will be one that Will would want to interview. Open boat photo guy from the Chattogga year ago used to do the Gauley with out air bags. He took my Boof or consequences picture on both our first trip on the Green in 89.
Oci-One Kanubi
C Guru

Me too. 13th to the 21st, unless I get worn out & leave

Post by Oci-One Kanubi »

a message
-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty
--
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll
eddyhops
CBoats Addict

Post by eddyhops »

I'm gonna try to be there the first half.

I may have missed the mentioning of this already, which parking lot will be the morning meeting place?
JD