ALF 2010- Who's coming????

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

eddyhops wrote:I'm gonna try to be there the first half.

I may have missed the mentioning of this already, which parking lot will be the morning meeting place?
Actually that has not been determined yet.

How about Louie's house for BK.
Louie

Post by Louie »

That will be fine. I plan to buy everyone a beer.......if you don't mind drinkin after each other.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Dooley, we have a 16 year old from Chattanooga who is paddlin open boat now but wants to try out others, He is goin to be be at the race on Sunday will you have you'r usual truck load of boats? Vince from Esquif is comin but not sure he will be here by Sunday morning.
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

ready, set...

Post by Longboatin »

I'm all up 4 racin, but howz decidin what class someone is in. Superman or mortal? I consider myself a sorta Silver Surfer, master of the entire universe level boater :P ...what class 4 me then?
Louie

Post by Louie »

Richard may correct me on this but I think it is only two classes.
Super Hero is pleople who are sponcered. Eli Shriver Me Dooley Andrew Richard Chad Swimmin Mexican or anyone who proberly get some sorta deal on boats anyway. The other class is just regular hero in other words any one who paddles a open boat or C1. I am not sure where jermary fall since he paddle a boat with a trainin blade more than with a mans paddle. Again Richard is 100% in charge of the race.

BTW the weather broke this weekend 55 yesterday on the river mid 60's today. Also while I would hate to have to go to any river twice, if we did end up goin to Cheoah twice, a weekend like the one we just had would be perfect 1300 on Saturday for the big water boaters and 600 on Sunday for everyone. The two drop line at the falls was great today and the West Prong line was very sweet. Yard sale was down to point where Dick and Doopey even ran it and Swimmin Mexican had a good day. OC1king steped it up a lot today and Shawn was perfect as usual.

Longboat and Lenghty you big boats would even be OK on the 1300 release and while it ain't nuthin like the Class VIII Upper yough you are use too it would keep you on your toes, but of course at todays 600 you would have died in your coal barges.
ckingoc1
C Guru

Post by ckingoc1 »

Louie wrote:Richard may correct me on this but I think it is only two classes.
Super Hero is pleople who are sponcered. Eli Shriver Me Dooley Andrew Richard Chad Swimmin Mexican or anyone who proberly get some sorta deal on boats anyway. The other class is just regular hero in other words any one who paddles a open boat or C1. I am not sure where jermary fall since he paddle a boat with a trainin blade more than with a mans paddle. Again Richard is 100% in charge of the race.

BTW the weather broke this weekend 55 yesterday on the river mid 60's today. Also while I would hate to have to go to any river twice, if we did end up goin to Cheoah twice, a weekend like the one we just had would be perfect 1300 on Saturday for the big water boaters and 600 on Sunday for everyone. The two drop line at the falls was great today and the West Prong line was very sweet. Yard sale was down to point where Dick and Doopey even ran it and Swimmin Mexican had a good day. OC1king steped it up a lot today and Shawn was perfect as usual.

Longboat and Lenghty you big boats would even be OK on the 1300 release and while it ain't nuthin like the Class VIII Upper yough you are use too it would keep you on your toes, but of course at todays 600 you would have died in your coal barges.
I just looked @ the release schedule and it looks like a repeat of this weekend the second weekend of ALF (1000 Sat <850 Sunday)
phreon
CBoats Addict

Post by phreon »

Is there a race for folks who get lapped by logs floating downstream? Or who make that log seem competent and graceful in comparison?

Phreon
Louie

Post by Louie »

Yes dick will be in that class but if the truth be know he will more than likely have more fun than anyone else that day.
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

Now that's a serious statement Louie cause Longboatin and I have some pretty serious fun on the creek. It's not often, if ever, we see anyone having as much fun. That's the only reason to be on the creek isn't it?
Louie

Post by Louie »

That and picking up kayak chicks
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

I see how you are. It depends on who's in the kayak as to what you think of the boat.
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Cool. I'm looking forward to the race. I'll be glad to bring a spanish fly and a prelude for the kid from Chattanooga to try.
Louie

Post by Louie »

girls boat girls paddlers, what is wrong with that.

Thanks dooley I think it will mean a lot to him to be usin one of your boat, and I will swim after your boat, even if the kid doesn't flip and swim.
eddyhops
CBoats Addict

Post by eddyhops »

phreon wrote:Is there a race for folks who get lapped by logs floating downstream?
Sounds like we may be in the same group Sunday :)
JD
Big Dave
c

Post by Big Dave »

Well I just got laid off........ so it looks like i have time to come...... :o :) :o