Has anyone paddled the Prelude?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Post by Guest »

Hi Anna

Since you asked about outfitting: If you are six feet tall or so you may like the outfitting. If you are about five and a half feet tall, I doubt that you will ever be able to get the outfitting to fit you adequately for paddling serious whitewater, or for rolling. Best is to locate one and demo it, see for yourself. Good luck.
Olivier

Prelude outfitting

Post by Olivier »

Hi Martin

Last Night I took some pictures of my prelude outfitting. I actually copied the system of Jamie Burbecks Spanish Fly.

I try to email them to you.

Olivier
Paolo
Pain Boater

Post by Paolo »

Hi Olivier,
nice to hear from you.
I have paddled some class 4° on the Romanche and on the Dora Baltea and I feel really good with the boat. The only difficult I have is to catch the eddys when the boat it's full of water... This is cause both are really continuos river. Anyway I'm learnig to keep the boat dry little by little.
I have not decidet yet if put straps on my one. I had it in my spanish fly, but it seem I can roll quite well even just with the bulkheads...
Yes I hope to come back in Corsica this spring at the end of april, maybe with my prelude too.
Just keep in touch.
CU on the river.
Paolo Santoné

www.playboatingitalia.com
the italian playboating portal
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

...see the outfitting section right here at c-boats... then click on open canoe outfitting. hope this helps.

craig
Paolo
Pain Boater

Post by Paolo »

Hi Craig, I allready done some of your suggestion (water holes, modified bulkheads, add foam, glued saddle etc...), but I'm still working on the outfit of my boat... I hope it can comes even better.
Thanks
Paolo Santoné

www.playboatingitalia.com
the italian playboating portal

Re: Prelude outfitting

Post by Guest »

Olivier wrote:Hi Martin

Last Night I took some pictures of my prelude outfitting. I actually copied the system of Jamie Burbecks Spanish Fly.

I try to email them to you.

Olivier
Could you please email me the photos too, of the Spanish Fly and Prelude Outfitting.
I own a Prelude, but have very mixt feelings about it.
Once it works like butter and the next day I feel like i dont know how to paddle.
For this reason I bought a Spanish Fly but have to outfit it yet to get ready for the upcoming season.

Thanks in advance
Hugo
hvonwyl@mmm.com
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Hugo,

I sent you an e-mail with the pictures Olivier sent me showing the outfitting of his Prelude, but the e-mail bounced back as not deliverable.
If you repost your e-mail address or send it to me, I'll resend them to you.

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Olivier

Bouncing Emails?

Post by Olivier »

Dear Prelude-lovers

No need for bouncing emails. Our administrator Sir Adam actually putted my prelude outfitting photos in the 'OC Rec Boats'-section under 'Prelude' (of course)

tip 1: Use diving belts (eg Decathlon at +/- 5€/pp)
tip 2: Handdrilling with a piece of broken shaft (eg carbon/aramid)

olivier