What do y'all think of the ME?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Thanks everyone

Post by ohioboater »

Thanks for all the replies! Guess I need to decide whether I want to take a chance on 25 year old ABS having gone brittle. Won't be running anything scary in it, but you can t-bone a rock in class 1 just as easily as in the big stuff...
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Do some searching here - the latest ABS ain't so great, you might even do better with old ABS (back when they made it right) that has been stored right (out of the sun) and not abused. Mine's abou 20 years old and seems pretty solid to me.
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

ME Madness

Post by squeakyknee »

Just thought I'd throw this in again,
This ME has been around the block and still very solid.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/scalex/de ... pg&.src=ph
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

ME

Post by Longboatin »

I just need to ask kanur; you weren't surprised that the ME beat your Ocoee are you?
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

Surprised? I was shocked! Not that the ME was faster but that "I" could get a 15'- 31" beam boat (that I maybe paddled twice a year) through the gates just as clean as an 11' boat (that I paddled every week). I introduced my Grandson to whitewater in this boat, who knows maybe I can do it with a great Grandchild :lol:
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

In case you're interested, there is someone on the Northeast Paddlers Message Board who is inquiring about what an ME is worth. It sounds like a kevlar ME, not ABS. See http://www.npmb.com/cms2/forum_viewtopic.php?4.40674.

John
me
c

Post by me »

:D Well, I think he's pretty cool, but I won't say I ain't biased.
Louie

You're in the deep end now,

Post by Louie »

Kiley either go back to the kiddy pool or get a Canoe. C-1 if you have to keep your dress but over here they all called kilts.
me
c

Re: You're in the deep end now,

Post by me »

Louie wrote:Kiley either go back to the kiddy pool or get a Canoe. C-1 if you have to keep your dress but over here they all called kilts.
If I go to my knees, it's gonna be a canoe so that I can exit quickly when I swim and so I can carry a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper with me ... that's one for every time I've gotta stop and bail.

If I can get on the Nantahala and Ocoee this summer, I might even be ready for Cheoah in an open boat by October.

Woohoo! I'm excited. Time to dust off the old neon yellow Pro-Tech.
Louie

What ever

Post by Louie »

While we would be glad to see you come over from the Dark Side, we do know that some people just ain''t cut out for a real boat. Remember Kayakin is canoein for dummies.