Dagger Prophet

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Oci-One Kanubi
C Guru

And yet...

Post by Oci-One Kanubi »

Dagger came out with the Prophet and the Ocoee in the same year, maybe 1994, back when Dagger was a boat maker. I rented a Prophet one weekend and an Ocoee the next. I wound up owning four Ocoees over the next 10 years, and never got in a Prophet again.

Not everything in life can be decided by popularity contests, but nevertheless: look at the number of Ocoees you have seen on the river. Compare and contrast with the number of Prophets you have ever seen. Still, the few people who boat the Prophet love it...
-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty
--
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll
eubie
C Boater

Post by eubie »

I was looking for a Prophet when I found an Outrage. Bought and paddled the Outrage for 3 years, loved (I thought). In that 3 years, I found and bought 2 Prophets (good deals).

Went out in the Prohet on Arkansas' biggest? whitewater (Cossatot) and loved the Prophet. Very dry, stable, yet turned as easily as the Outrage. Not as fast in upstream moves, but never had a problem making the ferries.

Probably will save Prophet (which is really good shape) for big water when rocks are well-cushioned. Outrage (which is beat up) will be my general duty, crash down the drop boat.
greybear
C Guru

Post by greybear »

Bought the Prophet yesterday and took it to the Dirty Bird. The boat handle the big water waves trains great rode over them not through them. caught eddies, surfed, ferried and peeled out great to. The boat reminded me of my Ocoee but a little friendly. The boat is slow, but speed was not the issue, I have a Zephyr thats my main boat it has speed. Thanks for all the help with the Prophet, I guess I join the few the proud those who like the Prophet.
hans-olo
c

Post by hans-olo »

I'm a little late on this subject but I gotta give my support for the prophet. I took mine down the bottom moose two weekends ago. this canoe can handle some steep gradient. If I Knew how to post pictures I'd put up some killer pictures of a prophet runnin' the gnar.
dirk
C Boater

Dagger Prophet for Sale - TX

Post by dirk »

Given the talk about the Prophet, I was surprised when I saw one for sale in TX. I have no information about the boat or seller. Just an FYI.

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/347582163.html
Austin, TX
OC1