anyone tried a small size Vajda lizard '07?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Alden
CBoats Addict

boats

Post by Alden »

I tried Jamie's black Orca at Trials this past spring. The bow was big -- I remember that. It didn't lose a lot of speed going into eddies! Still, I liked the Lizard better, so I went with it. Can't remember exactly why now, but I love the Lizard (XL) now that I have it. Still, if I were a top guy (like Jamie) and a good tech guy (like most people besides myself on this forum) I'd be tweaking boats like that too.

Alden
JFD
C Guru

Post by JFD »

thanks for all the good advice. i guess it will still be awhile before there's a bunch of used 3.5 meter boats out there to try. I'm a little reluctant to cut into the stern. If you've ever seen any of my glass skills (or lack of)you'd understand why. I might try Paul and see if he's available to help. And I could see making a day trip over to DC sometime soon. Or maybe just gamble and get a small lizard. And I might have a used boat for sale here in a few months (hopefully not a small lizard.)

Isaac, I'm in northern WV, work and vacation schedule won't allow me to get down towards Charlotte until at least late January. Good luck with the move and surgery.
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

(repeat post)
Last edited by Alden on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

(repeat post)
Last edited by Alden on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JFD
C Guru

Post by JFD »

thanks for all the good advice. i guess it will still be awhile before there's a bunch of used 3.5 meter boats out there to try. I'm a little reluctant to cut into the stern. If you've ever seen any of my glass skills (or lack of)you'd understand why. I might try Paul and see if he's available to help. And I could see making a day trip over to DC sometime soon. Or maybe just gamble and get a small lizard. And I might have a used boat for sale here in a few months (hopefully not a small lizard.)

Isaac, I'm in northern WV, work and vacation schedule won't allow me to get down towards Charlotte until at least late January. Good luck with the move and surgery.

jay