Stuff I learned at Ain't Louie Fest:

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Post by cmnypny »

Gail R wrote: hey Collin....I nominate you as Canadian chef d'equipe! :wink:
Not sure if I am qualified for that job ... but I guess I could try pending no life altering changes next february-ish. LOL ... its not like people don't know who I am.

It was hard enough being the photo geek, staying upright at the same time, and trying to keep ahead of the gang in order to take the pics.

We should compile a list of published books / authors / where to buy/scrounge them that people found useful in planning their adventures during ALF 2008.

I wouldn't mind getting some of them for myself now and start planning in november/december .... yes that is early but it gives me a chance to have plan A/B/C for different rivers based on levels.

I did not have enough material to go by this year and the online stuff was great but hard to go thru for detailed descriptions, etc.

I would like to have a pre-determined hit list and all I would do is check the water level and make a decision and know what I am in for.

It was great having our own group of 5 and two vehicles. We could go anywhere we wanted on our own with out having to follow the masses. But that said ... it was still nice to meet the other folks.

I will start another thread for planning material.
Blog: http://cmnypny.blogspot.com/
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)
Gail R
Pain Boater

Post by Gail R »

Collin...... when it ices up again next December will be in plenty of time. Laurenchians QC is your next target (upper New York State as well...spring is coming!!!!)
you booked for MACKfest?
As for guide books.....don't believe everything you read is what I learned.... the description i read about the Wataga was not what i heard from those that paddled it.....nothing beats local knowledge.....which brings you back to being able to get to the Dinner Bell a couple times....

plus, i didn't get to go out with Crusty which I believe would have been a hoot and a half

now work on getting me a hot tub closer to Lenoir :wink: :lol:
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

my 2 or 3 cents worth

1) According to a buddy with dual- citizenship (Eric - Canadian and Confederate) the only difference between us'es and them ... (us-redneck vs dem-rednecks) ... is unlike the Southern'ers, the Canadians beat the Yankees and got to keep their country (War of 1812)... although they did steal hockey

2) As for that Junior Bush thing... they can''t really prove he's truly president, not on paper... and it does 2 count what other countries think

3) on to the next issue...now grant you I wasn't there but, it did seem they brought their weather with them... it was 70 the week before and 70's the next one .. next year try ours, you'll like it better