ALF 2009 info…

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Good

Post by Louie »

I talked to the guy this morning, I hope he comes, sounds good to me.
cmnypny
CBoats Addict

Re: Good

Post by cmnypny »

Louie wrote:I talked to the guy this morning, I hope he comes, sounds good to me.
Sounds interesting ... just wondering what his fee would be.

People tend not to do stuff like that for nothing.
Blog: http://cmnypny.blogspot.com/
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)
Louie

A fee?

Post by Louie »

he is livin in a dream world if it cost a nickel to go to the bathroom I'd have to throw up. He is tryin to sell a book, we could charge him. It must be an OK book however Eli bought a case for his business on the French Broad. As a former history teacher if it is even half way good I'll get one particularly since we can get the auther to sign it. No this guy is free.
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

Hey I just got a email on what we are going to boat.

I think everyone needs to be VERY flexible. We are in a MAJOR drought here. But that said we will have dam controlled runs.So we will just have to see what's running. Welcome to Southern boating : )

Also we should have groups of paddlers with different set skills

there should be class II Group...a Class III ...etc etc etc.There will be someone you can boat with.

The nicest thing about ALF...there is no plan...we are going boating ...that's the plan

EDIT:

With Chris Bell's (boatingbeta.com) big time help. I hope to have some more gages added in time for ALF , so we won't waste time wondering what is running. The flowpage can be checked with a cellphone btw
Louie

Post by Louie »

I noticed that there is a lot of stuff either primed or runnin, Remember lets ,think Walden ridge, for a lot of paddles who have been goin to the smokies year after year you will have a hard time believein you are still in the same state.
pmp
CBoats Addict

ain't Louiefest '09 sticker, mug,hat t-shirt!

Post by pmp »

Hey y'all
ALF 09 Stickers:
Just sent the sticker design to the printer. Best part is stickers will be free to all OC boaters ($50 for kayakers;-). Compliments of Madawaska Kanu Centre who is paying for the printing. Mark Scriver will bring them down.
-if you can't wait, you can see the design at the cafepress link below.

T-shirts, caps, mug, mouse pad, yard sign or long sleeve shirt:
I just put the design up here http://www.cafepress.com/alf09
help yourself. I suspect if you order now product should get to you in time.
I wonder if the yard signs could be taped inside your car window while you're rollin, then used to claim turf at soaring eagle:-)
later dudes
Paul
pmp
CBoats Addict

louie, Stickers will be comin' down with...

Post by pmp »

Eric and paula will be bringin' the Ain't louiefest stickers down. trust you'll meet up with them to distribute the '09 stickers.
Louie

Post by Louie »

We got water and a lot of it. Seems llike everyone should be able to get on sumthin new, it you didn't make it this year, it ain't too late we should have good water all week long, maybe the drought is over. :o
Louie

We're back

Post by Louie »

PLG is on a roll. This years ALF is so goin to be capurted on film.

Youtube under Pinchalocogringo is goin to have a lot of new videos very soon. As a matter of fact it has already started.