is there a 12 step program?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Bob P wrote:Cut each of the scraps into 2" x 2" x 2" cubes and have your son contact-cement them together to make a bigger piece. This will not only give you a more usable size, your kid will have glued himself together so he can no longer get into trouble. :roll:
:lol:

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Riverscout
C Boater

Foam c-1

Post by Riverscout »

I think this may have made the board before but now seems like a good time to revisit an old idea!!!

http://www.biothinking.com/superspud/
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Bob P wrote: your kid will have glued himself together so he can no longer get into trouble. :roll:
Bob must have boys :lol:
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Bob P wrote:Cut each of the scraps into 2" x 2" x 2" cubes and have your son contact-cement them together to make a bigger piece. This will not only give you a more usable size, your kid will have glued himself together so he can no longer get into trouble. :roll:
Jonah's middle name *is* Weldwood... His older brother Noah's middle name is ....

ADHESIVE!
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

So, the next time there is an Armada or whatever, everyone can bring all their minicell scraps, and we can trade for what we want.

Or, we can throw them all in a pile and then dive in to reclaim our own. :wink:
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

ezwater wrote:...
Or, we can throw them all in a pile and then dive in to reclaim our own. :wink:
I just had a visual of a paddlers version of a McDonald's ball pit

or a synthetic leaf pile to jump in ...
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

This thread is too funny! I feel so much better knowing that I am not alone. I've got two large garbage bags full of useless little wedges and chunks. Every time I do any outfitting I dump those bags out on the floor and spread everything out and hunt for something I can actually use. But the bags keep getting fuller after every job, so I guess it's not working.
I wish I could grind up all the little chunks, add some weldwood, and make a nice new big chunk.
Larry
Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

God bless minicell. I love the stuff. Next to duct tape, fastex clips and velcro (Ok and transisters maybe) it is one of the great inventions of the last century.
Brendan
C Guru

Post by Brendan »

God, grant me the serenity to accept that I can't have all the boats, river trips, etc. that I want, the courage to paddle the rivers, boats that I can and the wisdom to remain a C boater.

Scott- what's that paddle the boy is holding in the photo- I guess he is paddling sweep! Looks like a stand up paddle. With the lack of water, I guess a broom is just as good as anything else.
Brendan