Back Paddling

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Re: backpaddling?

Post by Mike W. »

Longboatin wrote:Dont sweat the backpaddlers, just pass them, or run them over.
In difficult water I tend to paddle faster. I give folks more of a head start to compensate. Once at PSH on the Lower G. a kayaker pulled out of the big eddy on the left just above the big hole right in front of me. It was too late for me to make the eddy & I was on a mission to miss the big hole. I yelled "INCOMING!" & never let up. He looked back to see that pointy 'glass bow bearing down on him & picked up his pace :wink:
AYockey
C Guru

Sweet

Post by AYockey »

Thanks everybody. There are some great pointers, but the comments and anecdotes are hilarious. I really wasn't complaining about kayakers in the original post but that part elicited the best responses.

I did find a google book link to EJ's kayaking book on S turns (I can't post the link right now). Would this be easy to correct for one blade or is there another resource I can look into?
"The mark of a successful man is one that has sat at his favorite playspot all day without feeling guilty about it."
-Modified Chinese Proverb
Bob P
CBoats Addict

Post by Bob P »

Speaking of S-turns, I did a little video...

The S-turn on YouTube
Bob P