C1 video up on LVM

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Post by Louie »

Cheajack

If you reread the write up in the American Kayaker, you will see where the hiker who wrote that never says he has run it and the only picture is at a "no water" level. Of course when you are the steamkeeper of over 30 runs and use the American Kayaker as you person press department you ain't goin to be able to remember all your tall tales. One of my favorites is where he hasn't run a drop but says " this can be run but I'm not goin to tell you how here".This hiker has some good run to his credit but has a bad habit of post stuff that gives the impression he has made the run, Yellow Creek on the Tennessee page is a perfect example. Next time we are together I'll tell you the story about that run, his write up, and the timin of when he posted it.

With the video only showin the bottom section, and with a couple of in-laws as sherpas for the carry out I would difinetly go there, of course I might be standin at the top of a lot of rapid I didn't end up runnin but I know I'd like to have that option
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Louie;

Are you suggesting we need to check the topo's to verify the gradient? I don't want to take anything away from those guys running that s#@t in C-1's. AW write up says one 3/4 mi section drops 1000'. Yikes! And I think I'm a bad A$$ for having done Island.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Oh no I will guantee that those number are more than likely right to with in five decimal places and no way Scott and Jeff are anything less than great I have watched them for years. The cary out alone put them above most of us. The only I will run it is with sherpas or leave the boat in one, however I do think it comes out on a lake, I ain't above hirein a guy with a John boat. On one of the old Rahders videos we are being towed out from a run and boat prop hits a stump.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

it does come out on a lake and you could certainly paddle to the lake. the hikeout, which is short, just makes running shuttle easier. scott said it was short enough and the road follows the river so you could easily run a few laps on it if you felt so inclined.