Poll on times a year you can boat

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

How many time a year do you get to paddle, on average

less than 6
2%
9%
28%
34%
11%
over a hundred
15%

Total votes: 53

Louie

Post by Louie »

OC1King and how many half days have you laid out of work on Friday back when the namesake of that fan club you are a member of was working 4-10's
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

your fired.

what if I boat some number other than 12, 24, 52, or 100?
Larry
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Theoretically around 200,

When water levels and academic work are considered probably 80-100, maybe less this year because I'm trying to get full time work in the summer.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Louie

Post by Louie »

i know you are from the land of absolutes, but think out side the box get close or just tell us how many times you boat.

remember no matter how many titles you have or how big your office is, or how often you wear a suit and tie to work if you can't fire someone you ain't the boss.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Erm last year (years go september-august btw) I got out boating or guiding at least three times a week, sometimes four for about 7 months, then had 2 months paddling in france and uganda.

So somewhere between 140-170 days last year (say 155 if you want just one number) ; but I won't come close to that this year.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Hve no clue maybe 3 or four times
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

...but well short of 52 in '09, because of shoulder problems, favorite boat repairs, and TOO MUCH water in the streams I'm targeting. :o
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

I average a little less than 100 days per year. I only go once per week in the summer months which brings my total down. One day a week on the ocoee or green may-august unless its raining with a trip to colorado thrown into the mix.
fleckbass
CBoats Addict

Post by fleckbass »

70-90. 90 is a good year for me. That happens when I can paddle year round. Not looking good with the winter we are having this year.
I went raftin' once. I think it was in Ohio.

http://www.easternpaddling.com
Louie

Post by Louie »

Well Dooley with ALF and two trip to Mexico this year won't your number be up?
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

I should break 100 days this year if all goes well.
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

Bought a boat in September of last year and wentfour times. I would like to increase that this year, but I'm going to be a dad this year, so that might cut down on my plans for paddling a lot.
Last edited by Todhunter on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greybear
C Guru

Post by greybear »

More than 24 but not up to 52. Maybe closer to 30 to 40. I try not to count because I get depressed. Work stops me, I am a public servent and with the ecocomy they way it is, there are alot less of us. I used to be close to 70 times a year. If things don't improve I might get laid off and live in my truck and boat all the time.
Greybear
mattm
C Guru

Post by mattm »

I think it's about 80, includes poling. Generally once or twice a week after work from about may until schools back in, one maybe both weekend days in the winter, maybe none, depends on weather. Didn't sail last year, so I got more springsummerfall weekends in paddling last year. If my sailboat sells, I'll be picking up the pace a bit, but if not I'm going sailing and'll just do the after work thing again during thewarm months.
Don't pay attention, could be 70, could be 100, somewhere around there. Aarons vacuuming the water out of the basement right now, so that means we'll be paddling both days this weekend :roll:
so glad for Krylon, ABS and acetone.Squirt, sail, paddle and pole.
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

This time of year only once or twice a month. I've only been in the boat once this year. Winter is actually a well deserved break for me and I enjoy the time off. April thru november I boat more than half the days. By december I'm spent for a while.