Big Wave Worlds

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

I'll say it right now, find me the biggest, baddest, no airbags old town you can and i'll go surf whatever wave it is they can find. I bet longboatin' or lengthy will join too. ...and buy me a plane ticket. It's time for canoes to get back on top!
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

When they're ready to surf at Mavericks or Jaws... I'll come and watch. :lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

CosmikDebris wrote:I'll say it right now, find me the biggest, baddest, no airbags old town you can and i'll go surf whatever wave it is they can find. I bet longboatin' or lengthy will join too. ...and buy me a plane ticket. It's time for canoes to get back on top!
need a bow(left) man?
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

And just for the record, I DON'T think OC-1 freestyle is a joke, I think it's goofy as heck, certainly not the best craft for doing it, possibly even a bit contrived. But not a joke, and most of the people competing DO take it seriously. It's a helluva challenge, but has a lot of untapped potential, and is actually an awful lot of fun.... but you knew that already.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Freestyle Canoists can only possibly be doing it for their own masochistic enjoyment;

It follows that we're just a bunch of guys and gals who are dam well serious about having fun. :P
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

i agree Clown ... the more i play the more i have fun .... and it does look goofy with trying tricks in an OC-1 but i want to learn and get better cuz playing makes boating the creeks more fun
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

This line from their post says it all:
We are starting our own World Championships.
Not exactly sure what makes it a world championships when they are only interested in having their friends there. Sounds more like an extreme kyack version of an armada. :D

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

Did somebody say Longboat surfin? :D I'm in.
You know what they say about guys with long boats.............. I have a 16 footer!
Eli
The Canoe Guru - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by Eli »

I used to get bent out of shape and angry at the unenlightened that have spouted their hatred for at least the 25 years I have identified myself as a canoer.
Today I realized that sometimes I still have those feelings...but f@*% 'em.
Let's continue to have fun canoeing and if they happen to be in the way, well I guess our unmaneuverable barges need to run them down. :wink:
When in Doubt...Paddle Forward!
www.thecanoeguru.com
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

The announcement says it all.....
"Big Wave World Championships Of Freestyle Kayaking."

I hope they enjoy themselves...on water no where close to me! :wink:
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

PAC wrote:The announcement says it all.....
"Big Wave World Championships Of Freestyle Kayaking."

I hope they enjoy themselves...on water no where close to me! :wink:
Cheers to that.
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

Well, since they don't want OC's playing their game....
Jeremy Laucks and Blackfly Canoes are pleased to announce the Intergalactic Big Water Open Canoe Invitational Championship Death Match. The IBWOCICDM will occur at some point in the next five years, depending on conditions. Please block off you calendar, in case we decide to invite you. We probably won't invite you though; you just aren't good enough. However, please realize that we're taking this so far underground that even if you are invited, you might not know when the IBWOCICDM is going to happen until after the event is over. We probably won't invite you, you're not good enough. The IBWOCICDM is intended to be the most progressive open canoe event in the universe, featuring the best canoers from all the galaxies in which canoes are known to exist. The details of the format for the event are yet to be determined, but we assure you it will be so far ahead of it's time, we likely won't be able to figure out who won, or what exactly we did until several years after the event. Stay tuned for more info.
...all in good fun. I think what they're trying to do has it's place, and hope they can pull it off in a way that actually works.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

I'm in dude... or not... unless I'm dead... from competing in the Big Wave Worlds... or a chain-saw accident.

Just don't forget the other upcoming event. :wink:
Craig Smerda is considering starting the "teeny-tiny wave & hole world freestyle championships"... only the smallest waves, with the worst paddlers in the most inappropriate boats... going the littlest.

"go little or go home"

:lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

LOL Jeremy and Craig
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
wetnobby

Post by wetnobby »

Yes these guys are going huge.....but, they are still sitting down and even using training blades!!...When will they learn to man up!!

How lame is that..... :oops:

I will still look forwards to having a great time at Plattling and NOC with some really talented canoe paddlers...and all round great guys.. :wink:

Chris