everest Vs Stomper

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Larry Horne
C Maven

Re: everest Vs Stomper

Post by Larry Horne »

Bob Wiggins wrote:The stomper ha a full on displacement hull, and I'm pretty sure the everest is the same.
you must be on weldwood :wink:
Larry
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Everest is a longer burn, I know there are people on this board who paddled a burn and remix c1
Proud Yankee
switch

Post by switch »

I paddle OC1 but I've paddled both as K boats pretty extensively so take this with a grain of salt. Everest is super stable and loves to be paddled from the front, you can drive this boat anywhere using bow correction strokes. Primary stability is very confidence inspiring. Secondary stability is pretty good until you get way up on edge then its all over. Its a very nimble boat for its size. Its more of a wave and hole puncher than it is a ride over features boat. Boofing off of rocks this thing will go huge, green water boofing is not as easy as in the stomper. The edges are great for ferrying and fun eddy hopping.

The large Stomper is a cool boat but in a lot of ways paddles like a Jefe which can be either good or bad. Turning from the front is very sluggish, I had to use a lot of stern draws and prys to get any kind of quick turning. Stomper is fast and has this cool glide to it when coming off of drops. I like to ride around and really utilize edges, the stomper has a very mushy edge so for me it always made for an unstable ride. The secondary stability is good but with hard edged boats I could always tell where the stopping point or point of no return was, in the stomper i got flipped a few times because the lack of a true defined edge. This thing is very stable on edge all the way down to an upside down position. I would end up flipping when trying to engage a good edge. Stomper holds a line very good but maybe not as good as the Everest, what always bothered me in the stomper is that it will just wander around from time to time and next thing you know you are off line, kind of just like in the jefe. I've never paddled such a good boofing boat as the Stomper which I feel is its strongest attribute. Easy to boof over holes and off drops and always lands in control.

If I were a full time Cboater looking at these two boats I would go with the Everest. I feel its a very underrated boat. Stomper is a great boat but try not to let all the hype suck you in.

I have no affiliation with either, just a guy who has an addiction to trying new boats and always looking for the next best thing.
johnd
C Guru

Post by johnd »

Not to hijack the thread, but what about the Zen vs. Karnali vs. Everest vs. Stomper? I would like to get a C1 but I dislike displacement hulls. I like my Viper 12. What kind of C1 do people run the Upper Gauley in or that Upper Meadow run that had the video a couple of weeks ago?

Also, can I somehow mount my Dagger saddle in the Everest? This thread has almost sold me on the Everest.

I weigh 230, 6-2 tall.