Favored hull design for Rotomold C1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

sbroam wrote:What I like about the Sith and Ceemweaver cockpits is that they are round but that my heels were not under the back deck. The Sith didn't *look* large, but because of the shape it was very user friendly with a minimum of excess skirt. The Ceemweaver is pretty big, but with the saddle centered.
This is what I'm getting at, the conventional roundcockpit slalom boats i've paddled have been really poor when it comes to thinking out the placement of the cockpit and saddle, a sufficiently large circle or oval is better than a keyhole, but too small or ill placed, and it's worse.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

If one has a 36" inseam, then no matter what the cockpit shape, the knees always end up under the cockpit rim, forcing one to slide back a bit to get the knees out from under the rim before being able to get out, which ends up putting the feet and heels underneath the rear of the cockpit rim.
And I am not sure if I would want a cockpit large enough to fall right out for me, I would hate to swim with a skirt that large.

For my build I have persoally always found it easier to get out of C1 cockpits than K- cockpits.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau