The Esquif Lèdge

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

kaz wrote:Give me a zip code and I'll let you know.

JK
PM sent.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

YRC shipping charges from Millbrook Boats in Richmond, NH to any business or YRC loading dock in Atlanta, GA is $125. This is based on a 9.5' long, 30" wide, 20" deep canoe that weighs 50 lbs. I also charge $35 for wrapping it in bubble wrap and cardboard.
This rate is valid for 30 days.
JKaz
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

"stuff" has finally been added to the initial post... enjoy! :D
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Post by Mikey B »

Great job Craig! It sounds and looks awesome...can't wait to try one and if I had the cash, I'd be ordering one on faith :D
Louie

Post by Louie »

What the steepest thing somebody has had one on, and has Shiver paddled the final version?
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

gumpy wrote:ok thats a little better. in thought i heard 2 grand somewhere. when will they be available kaz?
I have lots of faith!

$1653 plus $300 for the open version with ash gunnels is what I was billed. Add tax or shipping and you are over 2 grand.

I still can't wait to get it! I have always thought an open version of a boat like the spanish fly would be great.

Thank you Craig and Esquif :lol:
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

So do I have this right--it will cost $300 more to NOT have decks? Or is there a vinyl gunnel option that is more in line with the cost of the decked version?
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

that makes sense to me. looks like more work and materials to cut out the molded in decks and add nice wood gunwales.
Larry
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

http://www.esquif.com/2008/canot_en.php

Any idea when it will be added to the Esquif site?
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Just put down money for a decked one to arrive next weekend

Post by Wendy »

:D
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Larry Horne wrote:that makes sense to me. looks like more work and materials to cut out the molded in decks and add nice wood gunwales.
But I could install wooden gunnels myself for waaaaaaay less than $300, I suppose it's an incentive to try it decked and then DIY if you want it open still.

Is craig secretly trying to convince openboaters to go decked by appealing to their one common quality, being skinflints.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

:D Yehaww! :D

Picking my L'Edge up this weekend.
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

It made it to Esquif's lineup: http://www.esquif.com/2008/canot_en.php?id=33

You don't have to be able to write in English to make a canoe. I can't wait to see one on the river.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Initial feedback and reviews have been very positive thusfar...
http://www.cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic.php?t=7962725

I want to say that although I personally wasn't feeling the best last week it really warmed my heart to see so many people smiling and having fun while paddling the boat... after all this was why we started this whole project in the first place.

-----> :D <-----

Seeing lot's of those really made it worth all the time and effort.

Thanks!
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Got mine today-decked

Post by Wendy »

Excellent boat. I agree with all the reviews. To me it has the best of the Spanish FLy and Ocoee while being as stable as a Mohawk Probe, both primary and secondary stability. I didn't have to trim alot for my round thighs. I did trim the lateral side wall, and a little on the saddle for inner thighs. Trim work only took 5-10 minutes. Love the glide, momentum, ferries like an Ocoee.
The only difficulty is loading the boat on the car as a short female with the decked version. I may add a grab handle in front of the front thwart.
Thanks for making my dream boat. I am selling my Spanish Fly, Probe 11, and Aire Lynx. With the L'Edge I don't feel I need multiple boats, except to race. The SPark would be nice to add for racing