Blackfly Canoes hopes you've been good boys and girls.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

The Ion looks exciting! Do a sense a little Pyranha Burn influence on the hull shape?

Also, all I have to say about color is yellow boats look too much like bananas. Any other color is good to go!
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

The Ion is built off the same hull as the Blackfly, so no Burn influence there.

I'd love to be able to do a whole rainbow of colors, swirls, and blends, but the reality is that's not going to happen. Keep in mind that the plastic comes in 900lbs boxes- and some colors have a minimum of several thousand pounds. When I get closer to running the first batch, I'll probably start taking pre-orders, let those people give me 3 color preferences, and see if we can pick something that will make most people happy.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Not only are these interesting looking boats, but I find it very encouraging that someone has found it economically feasible to produce small batches of PE canoes - I suspect Jeremy isn't getting rich, but it must not be too bad if he's gotten to this stage :D
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

Sweet! More new PE boats :lol:

Can some one post a clickable link that does not require a Facebook log in?
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

kanur wrote:Sweet! More new PE boats :lol:

Can some one post a clickable link that does not require a Facebook log in?
Link is now clickable, and you don't have to be a Facebook user to see it.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
Big Al
CBoats Addict

Ion, etc

Post by Big Al »

Any paddler weight range figured out, yet?

BigAl
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Cost and timeline projection for preorder/delivery est on the Ion? If it was priced in the ballpark of a new kayak, combined with the easy paddling characteristics of the BF with more traditional looks, I could imagine it selling like hotcakes. Even bringing new people into the sport like a couple of my kayaking buddies who like the BF but gasp at the cost compared to K1s. Would you be interested in offering a hull only without the molded in gunwales?
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

I'm really impressed with your work on these. I had not planned on buying a new boat in 2011, but the Option has a beautiful shape to it, which I might not be able to pass on.

Keep up the great work!
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Yeah that option looks nice. looks like its gonna roll pretty dry.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

i like the looks of the Ion ... and white PE boat would look cool going down the river ^^
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
jatakasawa
C Guru

Make it happen, brotha!!!!

Post by jatakasawa »

I'm in for an Option...just need to experience how the hull interacts with the water! I'll be paying some friends a visit in Conway in late April- mid-May and would love to test one out. I'll have a wad of cash with me if I like it. I've been saving for a Spring 2011 'creeker' so the timing of this is perfect. Personally, I don't care about the color too much as long as it's not pink. The hull is what matters most.

Having said that, I'm liking this color "burnt orange." Kind of a muted down orange/brown...very earthy indeed. I wish boats would get away form the flashy brights and neon. But really, it's how it floats..not how it looks, that interests myself. Good job on the PE...we've all been asking for more of these on the market! Suh-WEET!
Chester the Brace Monkey.
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

i dont care what color it is (but agree with justin about getting away from bright ugly colors)

when can we preorder? you can email me jinjerbeerd@aim.com whenever you figure out the details.
Joe
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

When I got my L'Edge I thought I had the last boat I would need for a long time.

Then Smurf's vids of his Blackfly got me thinking one of those would be fun. Now this!

Thanks Jeremy, I think :wink:
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

will the Option be available decked optional ?
imagine
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

Sorry for the slow response(s)- haven't been able to get on in a few days. At this point, it's still a bit too early to give cost/timeline/color/weight etc. predictions. I will say that I'm going to try to do everything I can to have they ready in time for ALF.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes