Small Splash canoe for smallest of paddlers

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

I think the L'Edge is a canoe that has to be paddled in the right environment.

I had a test run in it on a low water class II section, and there was nothing in that canoe that appealed to me. Heavy, hard to tilt, slow, but rock-rock-rock stable.

At the armada I've been playing around at the slalom site and hit some surfs in it. And that felt already quite a lot better. So I think the L'Edge needs water, and probably enough gradient for it's purpose.

I don't think the L'Edge is the all-round boat for what it was advertised at first. But it's probably a very nice canoe for those paddling grade IV - V regularily. I wouln't drecoment the L'edge to people that are out often on class II though.

I have to say, I didn't have the chance to test it extensively and I know Kelvin disagrees with me on the L'Edge.
pmp
CBoats Addict

splash

Post by pmp »

hey, I just happen to have a splash i'd like to sell. My daughter has grown out of it. However i'm near Ottawa canada.. a little far maybe unless you're goin' to Ain't moosefest this wk end.
paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca