Left or Right

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Crunchy
C Boater

Post by Crunchy »

I paddle on the side the big guy in the back of the boat tells me to. :wink:
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Crunchy wrote:I paddle on the side the big guy in the back of the boat tells me to. :wink:
Which is why my kids will paddle lefty! :lol:
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

..for me the reason I am righty, is the contortion of my body, this way it just feels better.
I agree. I think side preferences are subtly related to your body's flexibility and muscle memory.

For example, I can touch my fingers behind my back with my right arm over my right shoulder and my left arm behind. But if I try it with my left arm up and my right arm behind - not even close! My right arm won't go up my back at all!

I'm sure there are also differences in abiltiy to rotate etc. So, just comparing sides is not apples-to-apples, my sides are not created equal.

So, I'm blaming my inability to roll on my left side on some mysterious lack of flexibility somewhere. Although, I guess it could be lack of strength and coordination in my non-dominant left arm too. But it's something, that's for sure!

PY.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

i feel we are loosing isaac.
Larry
amollohan99
Pain Boater

Post by amollohan99 »

Like most, I am left dominated, but I have forced myself to continue paddling on the right. I practice on the right often and in up to straight forward class 3. Anything hairy and I switch as fast as I can.

Its COOOOLLLLLLLDDD out there,

Andy
c1swim
CBoats Addict

Post by c1swim »

Isaac, Step back into the Light, the Way, the Path, the Tao.
dance for rain