Much Lighter Plastic Boats Coming Soon?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Very true Phil

Post by 2opnboat1 »

And we will be there in full force it is our back yard I am closer to the goods in AL than I am LC. but I want to hang with all my southeast brothers
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Mike040
c

Post by Mike040 »

cheers phil
Scott Free
c

Post by Scott Free »

Are we talking three years—or three months? (I know that no one can say anything specific.) I'm planning to buy a new boat in mid-March. If I do, I can guarantee that lighter canoes will be available in April. :(
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

boat

Post by 2opnboat1 »

I think more the three month range
Richard Guin
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Is the 3 month range for Maxim and others

Post by Wendy »

If the three month is the Maxim can you give a rough estimate for Probe 12 timetable in plastic?
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Wendy if you want to try a Viper 12 I have one availabe for demo in the Atlanta area. Shoot me a message and I will bring it for you on a trip.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
jrsh92
C Guru

Re: Is the 3 month range for Maxim and others

Post by jrsh92 »

Wendy wrote:If the three month is the Maxim can you give a rough estimate for Probe 12 timetable in plastic?
Hm, haven't seen much talk about the Probes... how do they compare to the Vipers? A lot of people seem to like the Viper 12 for that size boat, is the Probe less edgy or something?
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Viper 12 is more faster, and more edgierer.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Big boat plastic

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Wendy
to answer your question dont know we have so much royalex in stock and more coming, we are going to take our time and make sure that this stuff works (lots and lots of R&D) our biggest fears is releaseing that stuff after a shor R&D period and having a bunch of boats fall apart in a few months. As son as we get that far we will let ya know, Prob not this season or atleast the first part of it. It is going to take a lot of luck to pull this off the first try.
Richard Guin
Eli
The Canoe Guru - CBoats.net Sponsor

ALF at NAFF...

Post by Eli »

Perhaps after the first 1/2 half of ALF a few canoers might be interested in the Locust Fork Classic Slalom Race which kicks off NAWF?

For that matter, any news about the MFCKR Race/National OC slalom the week before ALF?
When in Doubt...Paddle Forward!
www.thecanoeguru.com
Louie

Post by Louie »

Of course it depends on the rain but it is kinda hard to leave good steep creeks to go 4 hour south to do flat water through stick. Particular for the poor northerns who season is endin about now and won't have much of a chance to boat till ALF.
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Still paddling my SF and OCoee

Post by Wendy »

Since I broke my ankle a few years ago with a 3 inch screw in it I may get a less aggressive boat for bigger water, like the Probe 12II, which I have had before. Thanks for the Viper 12 offer, but I have an Ocoee. I decided not to buy anymore ABS for now- but that was based on what Esquif has to charge with the tarriff, R&D, etc. I might buy a bare Mohawk ABS Probe 12 (II) as I have outfitting. I am also paddling a shredder some, and occassional IK to protect my ankle.
Thanks Richard and Jacques for all the hard work and R&D!
Scott Free
c

Post by Scott Free »

I've not noticed anyone mention how this new lighter material compares to ABS as far as price. Same? More? Significantly more? Kevlar is lighter than ABS, too, but the price...
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

holy smokes! 2635 views. I guess lighter boats is intriquing.
Myself, I'll wait a year and see how the new stufff holds up.
Larry