RIP Shaggy Designs Sith Prototype II

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by beads
Well folks thanks to all those who helped me get the sith back into paddling shape but on monday morning I took it out to the local playspot and was having a great day until I found the shallow rock on the river left side. Long story short the only way that this boat is ever tgoing to be paddled again is if/ when I cut the ends off. The bow is so badly damaged that there is about three inches of give where there should be none.

So here is the question, Martin Du toit how do I cut hte ends off. (I'm thinking of making it look like your new prototype.

Thanks All And lets have a moment of silence

Beads
Posted on May 21, 2002, 9:01 AM

Sith Cut down
by Shaggy
Hi Beads
Sad to hear that the prototype has come to an end.
If it was back in Sunny England we would be able to rebuild her.
Any way if you want try a cut down, go for it , it is loads of fun.

First make a template from any willing young ladies breasts, ie the bumps see the website for similar shape.
Mark off the bumps no more than 15 cm from each end, (10cm recommended)
cut the boat down with either a jig saw or a grinder.
G cramp the opens end so there is 1 cm gap between top and bottom and tack in place with small pieces of glass.
When the tacks are set , take off the G cramps and key the area for glassing.
seal the ends with at least 4 layers of glass ( diolin better). If your bumps shape has tight curves then you will need as loose a weave of glass fabic as you can to get around the curve.
good luck and have fun.

I was over at River run in May and paddled, very cold , very large.

We are making final Siths form the molds in Carbon Kevlar which are excellent beasts and should not have the breaking on a rock problem.

hopefully be in Canada more next year.

I am going to send Tim Hummel at River run a boat to try out and lend to any one who wants a go , give him a shout if you are over at river run this summer.

cheers Martin
Posted on May 23, 2002, 3:49 AM

When
by beads
Martin,
I'm in the market for a new boat and was wondering what you guys would charge for a beast like that? (carbon kevlar sith Canuk bucks)

the other question I had was do you have any idea when you'll send that boat to him.

Why only ten centimeters. And would that be to the tip of the bumps or the the center or cleaveage between the bumps. It there a prefered cup size? A ? B? C? and would you suggest filling the center space sith foam and then taking the ends together. Why do you leave a space between the top and bottom?

I know this is a lot of questions but I just kinda had them all out at once.

Thanks
Andy

Posted on May 23, 2002, 7:45 AM
Keep the C!
Adam