Glue

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Glue

Post by Sir Adam »

Glue
by nathan
There has to be a better glue out there than Mondobond. Some Minicell foam I have feel off after one weekend of paddling with it in. Tell me there is something better!!!!
Posted on Jun 4, 2002, 7:26 PM

Highly flammable contact Cement...
by Sir Adam
pick contact cement that is highly flammable...DAP, Weldwood, 3M all make good products. Be sure to put multiple thin coats on each side, letting it dry to tacky between each coat.

C-ya IN the Rivah (especially if the foam comes loose:) )
Sir Adam
Posted on Jun 4, 2002, 8:16 PM

And a little prep too
by Bob P
Clean the hull with some scouring cleanser or a good solvent and sandpaper. If the minicell has a skin, sand that too. Then lots of cement. Let it dry for a couple of days before getting it wet.
Posted on Jun 5, 2002, 3:11 PM

Loops by Mad River
by Creed
Bobo came by here last night and had some interesting outfitting in a new mad river outrage - it was a strap looking piece with loops sewn into it which apparently came with a peel and stick adhesive on the back. he had used it to provide an adjustable attachment for his pedestal as well as adjustble attachment to the hull for thigh straps.

do any o y'all have any experience with this stuff? i am a little mistrustful of peel and stick stuff - i can't even get a dang postage stamp to stay on the envelope

thanks
Posted on Jun 7, 2002, 8:13 AM

Re: Glue
by gerry
You can try Vinaltech 2000. It works for me.
Posted on Aug 16, 2002, 4:01 PM
Keep the C!
Adam