wife's 1st time in C-1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

wife's 1st time in C-1

Post by Sir Adam »

wife's 1st time in C-1
by Mike W.
Last night I told my wife that I was going to the river. She says "Can I go?" I say "heck yeah!" She wants the most stable boat I have, I'm thinking OC-1. I decide that the Cascade is more stable, so I load the Big EZ & the Cascade, hunted down the skirt & her helmet. We're off to the river! This is her 1st time ever in a boat by herself, so she doesn't try to surf. She did paddle across the river & play around on flatwater though. I even got her to do a ferry. She played around with tilting the boat enough to get the skirt into the water without flipping. I need to adjust the outfitting some for her, but I have decided that the Cascade will be her boat. It was great getting her out on the water in a C-1.
Ain't love grand!
Mike W.
Posted on Jun 6, 2002, 4:19 AM

sounds great, good job
by sean
love is cool
Posted on Jun 6, 2002, 5:53 AM

another method of tandem paddling. Nice, Mike!
by KNeal
That was pretty cool of you to do that. My wife has paddled with me several times (some in the Atom, some in a slalom c-1) out on the slow sections of the James. She was able to roll the slalom boat during her first pool session after an hour of working on the technique. By the second session, she was flipping and rolling all by herself (with me hovering 2 inches away the whole time).

KNeal
Posted on Jun 6, 2002, 11:11 AM

I've seen you two in C-2...
by Mike W.
KNeal, I've seen you two in C-2 too. Y'all are awesome!
Mike W.
Posted on Jun 6, 2002, 12:25 PM
Keep the C!
Adam