floatation question

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

floatation question

Post by Sir Adam »

floatation question
by Mike W.
The front float bags in my recently converted Big EZ keep coming out. I did the Team ETC. outfitting. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Thanks,
Mike
Posted on Jun 20, 2002, 6:00 PM

an idea
by Scott B.
I don't know how the Team ETC solution deals with air bags, however, here is what I do. I take a length equal to the thickness of your my wall of clear plastic tubing (not surgical tubing, it needs to be stiff) of a diamer slightly larger than climbing accessory cord (or whatever you have handy) and, with the help of a screwdriver or drill bit, poke it transverse-wise through the pillar. This should be a snug fit. I place this low and a little bit forward of where the float bag extends. I then take a length of cord and feed it through the tubing, putting a stopper knot at either end of the tube so enough cord is available to tie the float bags in, the stopper knots keeping the cord from pulling through either side.

Repeat for the rear.

Scott
Posted on Jun 20, 2002, 7:39 PM

fixed it!
by Mike W.
Scott, thanks for the suggestion.
I drilled some more holes in the Team etc. plate. Put in some small bungee with loops just big enough for the tube on the air bags. This holds the tube (where it enters the bag) down to the bottom of the boat. While I had the whole works out I added bungee for a camera & my pager. Yes, I paddle when I'm on call.
Mike W.
Posted on Jun 24, 2002, 3:40 AM
Keep the C!
Adam