Looking for Potomac feed canal info...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Looking for Potomac feed canal info...

Post by sbroam »

Looking for Potomic feed canal info...
by PAC
I'm going to be in DC next week with the family and I'm thinking of bringing the C2 to give the lad (7years old) a spin in the gates. That is if there is water. And if you experts think the idea is sound (i.e.: safe).
If I remember correctly the gates are on the MD side in a very user friendly area. Also is there is also limited car access - I'll be there during the weekend & days?
Info related to directions, access, levels and if as user friendly as I thought would be greatly appreciated. CU PAC

PS - Other thoughts on paddling with him (sections of the P that are I-II)?

Posted on Jul 31, 2002, 6:21 AM

Feeder Canal info
by Kathy
You can find directions and information for additional parking on the BCE website. Scroll down to the heading for events and click "BCE Junior Olympic Qualifier." Toward the bottom of that page you will find directions, etc. for the Feeder Canal.

http://ccadc.org/bce/

The Feeder is basically flat moving water and there are plenty of gates.

Have fun with your son!
Kathy

Posted on Jul 31, 2002, 5:48 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Kathy...
by PAC
I appreciate the feedback and info.
The boy is stoked (as of today) so we'll see how it goes. I just got a copy of the 89 worlds (thats to Scott) that he has watched. I think doing will be a plus on his paddling attitude. Again thanks!

Posted on Jul 31, 2002, 7:40 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------