Dagger stopping production of OC1 Phantom and Rival

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by Dale Dale

I e-mailed Dagger tech support as I kept hearing that Dagger was not going to be making some of their solo white water canoes any longer.

The word is that they are discontinuing production of the Phantom and Rival. They will still make the Ovation, Ocoee and Caption but only in Vinyl gunnels for 2003.

So they have stopped production of boats designed by Bob Foote. Who I understand has been talking with Bell Canoe Works to produce some White Water Canoes.

Can not wait to see what Bell will be makeing for 2003 in the WW OC1 line.

In the mean time - if you are into short fun OC1s try the Esquif Detonator - at 10' fast, nibble, stable, surfing, playful and definately fun!

Dale

Posted on Aug 18, 2002, 5:28 AM

Millbrook Rival....and an OC Boat for sale....
by Sir Adam

Greetings...

I believe Millbrook boats (Kaz) is making a composite Rival now....

C-ya!
Sir Adam
P.S. Anyone want to buy a Millbrook Culprit OC-1? 11'6" of fun (for an open boat:) ). Looking for 450....

Posted on Aug 19, 2002, 3:32 PM

Hi Adam ........ anyone have an OC1 Millbrook racing canoe f/s
by Dale Dale

Yes - a friend has the Millbrook Rival and really likes it. Except he makes a sad face if you bump into him. : (

Does anyone have an OC1 Millbrook racing boat for sale by chance. If so let me know.

I know the Culprit is not for racing other wise I might be interested.

Posted on Aug 21, 2002, 11:54 AM

Dagger Stopping production and early Bell reports
by pknoerr pknoerr

From a well respected Bell Dealer: Two new designs a solo and a tandem. The solo is called "Prodigy", is 11' 7" in length, max beam of 29", gunwale beam 25", bow rocker 5" stern rocker 3 1/2", center depth 14 1/2". Price: $1000 with vinyl trim, $1200 in wood. The Tandem "Nexus" is due out in the spring, is 15' in length, max beam of 33", gunwale beam 29" bow rocker 5 1/2", stern rocker 4", with a depth of 15"Price: $1050 vinyl, $1305 wood.

The boats were in conjunction by Bob Foote and David Yost. Both boats of similar design, quite radical with flaired shoulders (theycall 'em "vetts") which are sort of a exagerated version of the old Curtis Dragonfly shape, and a differential chine-- hard in the stern quarter and soft up front.

Posted on Aug 26, 2002, 9:30 AM
Keep the C!
Adam