Necky C1 conversion

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

Necky C1 conversion

Post by adkSara »

Necky C1 conversion
by Ron
Anybody paddling a Necky Switch or Blunt? I could use some advice on C1 conversion. Will the Wavesport platform fit or do I have to make my own? Thanks for any help.

Posted on Jan 20, 2003, 6:23 PM

switch
by Paolo
I have a switch and it's a great c1, stable and with a lot of looseness, even if is not one of the last design. It is also a quite good river runner.
I don't know about the wavesport platform, I make it by myself.
On the switch you have a lot of room for you knees on the bottom of the boat, but the cockpit is quite narrow.
Hope this help.
Paolo

Posted on Jan 21, 2003, 2:10 AM

Re: switch
by Menahem
Hello
I am also thinking about transforming switch to c1.
As, what is yuor wight? My is 82 kg. Is witch were well?

Posted on Jan 21, 2003, 11:55 AM

switch
by Paolo
I'm only 70 kg and I squashed my one. But french c1 paddler Xavier Lacroix (winner in 2002 eurochamps) paddle a switch and he is about 80 kg, maybe more. I think you're not too heavy for the switch.
paolo

Posted on Jan 22, 2003, 1:13 AM

Switch
by Ron
I don't think I'm too heavy but I don't think I'll fit in as a C1 conversion. The inside width of the cockpit is only 14.5 inches at the widest. Thanks for the advice

Posted on Jan 22, 2003, 5:02 PM

Re: Switch
by Paolo
Yes the cockpit is narrow... but Xavier is more than 180 cm. and he's quite a big guy.
Anyway the best you can do is try...

Posted on Jan 23, 2003, 6:18 AM

Cockpit
by Steffen
Hi
I had problems to fit in a Gliss(80kg/1,80m). I heated the Cockpit-rim a bit. This way I was able to make it more comortable for me. There are no problems with the material if you heat it carefully. TAKE TIME.
Greets
Steffen

Posted on Jan 29, 2003, 3:51 AM
adkSara