Putting together a Prozone C1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by Jamie Jamie

I'm in the process of putting together my first C1. It is a Prozone 225. I'm using a Dagger Saddle. I have two questions. First where should I anchor the top of the thigh straps? Could I anchor them to the original kayak seat bolts in the side of the hull? Or would it be better to mount them up under the coaming somwhere? I'm not concerned about drilling holes. I just want the best spot to mount them. Also, do you think it would weaken the coaming by trimming some of the plastic off of the inside edge for my thighs? Thanks! Jamie

Posted on Aug 20, 2002, 5:53 PM

My two cents
by Eric

I don't know if using the original seat bolt holes is the answer on that boat. I don't know the boat that well; I paddled someone else's 225 conversion, with everything velcroed in over the kayak outfitting. I recall a lap belt being anchored to existing bolt holes. The knee areas had been foamed out completely to make an incredibly good, tight fit.( No thigh straps.)

Anyhow, as for cutting the inside edge of the coaming, I'd say cut away. I cut the bolt holes plastic for the thigh hooks off with a hack saw and grinder on my new H2 245. This plastic protruded from the inside coaming edge. I haven't noticed any subsequent problems. Another C1er suggested I do this and I don't regret it , even though it certainly hurts the resale prospects.

Eric

Posted on Aug 20, 2002, 8:47 PM

I don't know about the Prozone...
by will

but on my XXX the thighstraps are attatched to the frontward-most seat hole. It seems to work fine, and I have seen several other boats outfitted this way. Hope that helps a little,
will

Posted on Aug 21, 2002, 6:38 AM
Keep the C!
Adam