Question on the Harmony C-1 skirt

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by Ric Taylor Ric Taylor

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of buy one of the Harmony spray-skirts on sale in the post below, but can't find out the dimensions of their normal C-1 skirt. Is the Harmony web site still around? Or does anyone have any knowledge of this skirt? I'm looking in regards to an in-between cockpit for my Nittany Valley glass slalom C-1, 20 inches wide by a 23.5 inches long. I'm now using my Cascade skirt which is 21 inches wide by 26 inches long so it's a little too loose. Does anyone know the dimensions of the Harmony C-1 skirt, and do you think it would fit that smaller cockpit? I'm not doing any radical water with it at this point, but the Cascade skirt oftentimes blows out when I try a roll. Also, on this boat the tube should come up almost directly off of the back of the cockpit (about 1 inch in from the back rim) and not in the middle; is this how the Harmony tube is situated?
Thanks in advance,
Ric Taylor

Posted on Aug 29, 2002, 9:14 PM

measurements...
by DaveP DaveP

length = ~21.5"
width = ~18.5"
rear seam of tunnel is ~3" from rear of skirt (size M)
(just measured mine sitting here in front of me : )
this skirt will fit my gyramax and a friend's atom, and as you already know, is too small for the cascade.

hope this helps,
safe paddlin',
dave

Posted on Aug 30, 2002, 3:56 PM

by the way...
by DaveP DaveP

my harmony c-1 skirt does not work on my phoenix glass/nylon boat with the older/smaller 21"x19" cockpit - it blows off everytime i roll, and lets water in at the bottom of drops.

good luck...
dave

Posted on Aug 30, 2002, 4:00 PM

Thaks, Dave,..interesting...
by Ric Taylor Ric Taylor

it doesn't look like it's gonna stretch to fit my cockpit. Oh, well, Custom time.
Thanks again
Ric

Posted on Aug 30, 2002, 8:53 PM

have you seen...?
by DaveP DaveP

Ric,

Have you ever looked at John Sweet's website?

www.johnrsweet.com

One of his "how-to tips" links will take you to a page put together by Bob Putnam on how to make your own neoprene sprayskirt, and John sells everything you would need. I've been thinking about using this plan to make a skirt for my phoenix. Just a thought.

Dave

Posted on Aug 31, 2002, 1:30 AM
Keep the C!
Adam