Session

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Session

Post by Sir Adam »

Session
by ChrisD ChrisD

I just picked up a session and am gearing up to convert it. Has anyone out there converted a session before and might be able to offer some advice? I'm wondering how best to support my hips and get the boat balanced correctly. Thanks

Posted on Sep 16, 2002, 5:27 PM

TEAM etc. seems to have it worked out rather nicely
by John O John O

You might contact J. Robbins at painboater@yahoo.com You can find out more about Team etc. on the c-boats.net homepage. He has a really clever and effective system for converting boats. It seems to be well thought out. Having played in a boat with that type of outfitting, I can say it works well and is comfortable. I believe his packet costs around $40, but it is probably money well spent. It's not hard to waste $40 on outfitting that doesn't work, isn't comfortable, etc. Good outfitting is an art. I know it's easy for me to be so casual with yo' cash, so it's just a thought ...

Posted on Sep 16, 2002, 8:27 PM

confident playboaters consider...
by James

If you have a solid roll and are into freestyle C-boating, a number of friends have started to use their kayak backbands for back support, rather than the more traditional foam backrest, plus hip pads. The kayak backband straps go forward along the sides of the cockpit to the front of the cockpit for adjustment, much like the regular kayak setup, only on top of a C-1 seatbase. These guys typically tighten their backbands first, pulling themselves into their knee bulkheads, then put on a lapbelt.

I wouldn`t recommend it for anyone who might swim with any frequency, perhaps it is easy to get out of, I didn`t try, but there are more straps and buckles in the way, yikes! But the performance these guys are getting...

Posted on Sep 17, 2002, 6:01 AM

Check out the Liquid Logic C1 pedestal system
by David Nickerson David Nickerson

I saw it at the OR show. It's a tray that drops in to the floor, no drilling required, replaces the K1 seat. Pad it as you like. Contact Liquid Logic for more info.

Good luck,
David

Posted on Sep 17, 2002, 12:22 PM

my session outfitting
by Garrett

I outfitted my session with team etc. outfitting... I left a little extra on the plate for hip-grabbers and I love the outfitting.
I placed my saddle 6 and a half inches from the front of the back cockpit rim... This is a nuetral position in the session for me. I am 5'10" 155 lbs.
if you have any more questions you can email me
dawson293@yahoo.com

I have seen some LL boats with the center bar still in the boat and a bulkhead system with the lapbelt... that is a great ride with a more secure hold, just hope you never have to swim.

Posted on Sep 17, 2002, 8:41 PM
Keep the C!
Adam