C-1 pogies?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

C-1 pogies?

Post by adkSara »

C-1 pogies?
by Alden
Anyone use pogies for c-1? I've never used them -- do you need special ones for the T-grip, and if so where can you get them? thanks

Posted on Dec 7, 2002, 7:53 AM

kayak ones
by spankerrobbie
i just use the kayak ones, with a hols on the t-grip hand, and that seems to work fine. or you could stick a bit of extra felcro on em....

byee!

Posted on Dec 7, 2002, 9:26 AM

Re: C-1 pogies?
by Bob P
I just make my own from 1/8" single-nylon neoprene. Unlike the kayak type, they don't need a velcro strip. They just stretch over the T-handle.

Costs me about $4 in material and 15 minutes. <G>

Posted on Dec 7, 2002, 2:42 PM

wow
by Alden
Make your own boat, paddles, spray-skirts, slalom course . . . dam Bob, I should have guessed! Well $4 aint bad . . . I'll email if i need some direction (pretty likely)! thanks,-- alden

Posted on Dec 7, 2002, 6:59 PM

I'm cheap...
by Bob P
In the next couple of days, I'll post patterns for both upper and lower pogs at www.wwslalom.org/pogies/

Posted on Dec 9, 2002, 3:15 PM

Cable fixed! ;>)
by Bob P
Alden,

My internet went out for several days. Much Pain!

I finally got the patterns, etc. posted at http://www.wwslalom.org/pogies/

Posted on Dec 17, 2002, 3:33 PM

Mtn Surf
by Anonymous
Mountain Surf makes all of their pogies in C-form, RapiStyle, too?

Posted on Dec 8, 2002, 5:12 AM

NRS Toaster Mitt RULE!!!
by Matt
I tried my new pair out today and they rule! If cold is a concern you will LOVE them, two hrs plus on some Atlantic Canadian rivers (if you don't know what that means get a map of Canada and look far right! Cold, dam cold.
The Mitts are great for grip and like Ma always said "Mitts will keep your fingers warm, so you can stay out for longer!"
The struggle to get them on and the narrow grip will take a paddle or two to get used to.
Excellent for what I paddle especially in the winter and snow.
Matt in NS

Posted on Dec 8, 2002, 3:21 PM

Where are you in NS?
by Steve Whitaker
I'm from Yarmouth but live in DC. Have paddled almost every river in sw ns.

Posted on Dec 10, 2002, 11:01 AM

NS>DC<NS
by Matt
I am in Lower Sackville, but I grew up in Kejimkujik. I have done almost every river in Southwest NS plus a whole lot more now. This was the best fall on recent record. Water levels were almost flood and we paddled many rivers not accessable normally.
Let me know if you are back this way anytime soon.
Matt Swain

Posted on Dec 11, 2002, 4:39 AM

Snapdragon
by Bernie
is another excellent choice for C-1 pogies.

Posted on Dec 10, 2002, 12:36 PM
adkSara