OC1 paddler needs C-1 advice

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by canoeman canoeman

I am looking to buy a kayak to outfit as a play C-1. I am pretty sure I want a Super EZ, but would welcome suggestions. I am 6 feet, 170 pounds with size 10 feet. I have been paddling many years and am looking for a boat to learn rodeo in on rivers like the Ocoee and Pigeon. I may also use it for some Class III-IV creeks. The Super EZ seemed a better fit for a C-boat than the Big EZ because of the Super's oversized, extra wide cockpit. I would love to hear from C-boaters who have either. Also, how does the width, performance compare to the Session Plus? Thanks

Posted on Sep 19, 2002, 8:53 AM

cockpit size
by rob w

I don't think you'd have any problem fitting into most any wavesport cockpit. I'm 6'5", 190lbs with size 14 feet and I'm paddling a Z which has the same size cockpit as the bigEZ,if I'm not mistaken, and I've got plenty of room. Heck I added 2 inches of hip pad on either side to stop myself from flopping around from side to side. Not to say that the superEZ wouldn't be a good boat. I believe the session plus is 2-3 inches narrower than the super.The Super EZ is a WIDE boat...

Rob

Posted on Sep 19, 2002, 12:58 PM

Boats, boats, boats
by Kev

If you want a full on rodeo machine get the Big EZ. Grab one put it on the ground and just kneel in it. The cockpit should fit fine. With the super....it 's
going to be really hard to throw down. The Big EZ will perform better on a wave than the Session plus..in my opinoin. Mind you the session plus will be slicyier for cartwheeling and better balance on it's ends. It's also Not Loopable. Were the Big EZ would allow you to be able to do bigger Arial Tricks. You don't need the hugest cockpit in the world to have a comfortable C1. If you can try these boats as kayaks...they will perform almost the same (without the c1 leverage) or try any c1 boat you see out on the river. Most C1er's are layed back nice guys.
Have Fun!!! (There's lots of great boats out there!)

K

Posted on Sep 19, 2002, 1:05 PM
Keep the C!
Adam