cheap foam?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

cheap foam?

Post by adkSara »

cheap foam?
by spankerrobbie
i need a load of foam to make a bulkhead in an inazone 240. any ideas where i can get some without forking out £80 or so? i used a chopped up bodyboard for the saddle, and the bit at the back of the bodyboard is a perfect arse ridge for the back of the seat.

ta in advance!

Posted on Dec 4, 2002, 2:45 AM

Cheap Foam
by Paul Coyne
Hello Robbie,

I've just been down this avenue myself....and stuck with the expensive stuff (Closed Cell) which is £12 per 300mm Square x about 80mm thick. I was going to go for the cheaper £6 stuff but it was suggested to me that the Open Cell stuff compresses easily and has no memory and will therefore remain compressed after being subjected to the forces from the old thighs. The Closed Cell Stuff doesn't give so readily, and has a memory (must swap it with the old grey matter)! Could suggest you try George Wood at the Whitewater Canoe Centre at Shepperton. Tel 01932 247978. He gave me some pointers on getting kitted out and eventually supplied me a Perception Centre Console - what a *** to fit with screws and adhesive!(Dagger's Console was on a 12 week lead time)and Dagger Straps. I got the Closed Cell foam locally in sunny ol' Bris' (2 minutes walk away which outweighed the costs of driving everywhere). Anyway I'm thinking of popping down to the Yat (Symond Yat) Sunday 8th December to test drive the C1 Super Ego on the awesome grade I - II water! So if you're going to be in the area holla in advance and we'll talk times.

See ya Geezer

Posted on Dec 4, 2002, 4:57 AM

check out...
by Jamie
www.paddlesports.com

Posted on Dec 6, 2002, 4:27 PM
adkSara