Anybody know anything about the Robson c-1?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by Mike McDonald Mike McDonald

I saw this the other day when I should have been working and got curious. Has anybody paddled one?

http://www.robsonpaddel.de/boat/kajak_d.html

Posted on Sep 23, 2002, 4:18 AM

Good looking boat (esp the one w/ teeth)
by DaveM

The C-1 looks like it could be a fun boat even for a milkjug...DM

Posted on Sep 23, 2002, 5:23 AM

the little open boat?
by James

The little open boat (hardly an open boat at all) looks like it would be super super super slow, shorter than an dagger aftershock, wide. too bad there is no side profile of the hull. a boat under 7 feet with a lap full of water on board, I'm not sure that would work.

Posted on Sep 23, 2002, 5:40 AM

Finkenmeister
by Steffen Steffen

Hi
I´m not sure which boat you mean. The decked C1 Finkenmeister I ´ve paddled once. It´s very fast and stable. It has very much Volume and is something of a wave/hole destroyer. But I think I´m too light too paddle it effective(165lb). For me it was impossible to use the edge. The owner of the boat told me for creeking you need 180-185lb and for normal river running 200lb +x. For lighter paddlers perhaps good in a squashed version.
Bye
Steffen
P.S. The "Open Boat" i saw on a rodeo and it worked for flat spins on the wave and someone told that it´s good for cartwheeling in holes

Posted on Sep 23, 2002, 10:06 PM

CUFly(Robson)
by Craig Smerda Craig Smerda

Eli paddled it in Europe and says it is wild in the hole...AKA 4 point cartwheels, spins, etc. Really slow, and not a real good river runner. Park-n-play OC. To see the side profile click the Fotodownload...it's wild! Typical Frankie character.

Craig

Posted on Sep 26, 2002, 12:20 PM

Fhotodownload
by Dave Dave

Hey Craig Where is the Fhotodownload that you mentioned?? I can't see it anywhere and would love to see a profile of the boat.

Posted on Sep 26, 2002, 4:06 PM

Fotodownload
by Craig Smerda Craig Smerda

I added a link to my homepage for the CUFly...Craig

http://community.webtv.net/juskanuit/juskanuit

Posted on Sep 27, 2002, 7:00 AM
Keep the C!
Adam