Super EZ, Big EZ or EZ ????

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by Al

Super EZ, Big EZ, or EZ as a C1. What would make the best one for me? I`m sitting between 160- 165 pounds. I`m mainly looking for play, but don`t want to give up to many of the down river features. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Al

Posted on Oct 5, 2002, 1:34 PM

Not Super Ez.
by Kev

Def not Super EZ that wayy to big for ya. If you have the chance to paddle even as kayaks, get into the Big ez and EZ and see how the perform.

Posted on Oct 7, 2002, 1:06 PM

try the ez...
by Mike W. Mike W.

I'm around 185 & paddle the big ez. At 20-25lbs. less weight I'd suggest the ez. Try both & see what you think though.
I demoed a big by removing the backband & kneeling in it. Yeah, that doesn't leave anything to hold you in the boat, but it surfed great so I bought one & converted it.
Mike W.

Posted on Oct 8, 2002, 6:03 AM
Keep the C!
Adam
mark

EZ series

Post by mark »

Probably the EZ, maybe the Big EZ. I weigh almost 200 lbs. and was way too small for the Super: it's a genuine tub for big butts.
XXX or Forplay or Ace 4.7 would be cheaper, slicier, faster...
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

My $.02

Post by Mike W. »

I'm 185 & paddle the big ez. It is a great playboat. It needs a steep wave to surf. Spins are easy on a fast wave. Stern squirts are effortless on both sides. I can squirt to my onside without an initiation stroke. It rolls extremely easily. Bow stalls are easy, just paddle foreward & rock your weight towards the bow to make it stand up. The 'yakers can't do this for some reason.
It is horribly slow. I would not personally take this boat down anything real technical as the lack of speed prevents me from making some of the moves that I need to. If someone is swimming, they are better off without your help, they can swim faster than you can pull 'em. It enders easy enough, but it just doesn't pop up in the air like my Cascade or Probe do. This was disapointing, but I guess it's caused by the lack of volume.
Check Wavesport's site: http://www.wavesport.com/kayaks_menu.php
You can enter your specs & they will rank the boats for play, running or creeking. The best thing to do though is to paddle the boat. If you ever get down to North Carolina, you are welcome to try mine.
Mike W.