conversion info?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

conversion info?

Post by Sir Adam »

conversion info?
by richie richie

where do i get the best conversion information?

Posted on Oct 7, 2002, 4:15 PM

um, here!
by kevin

but you probably need to be a little more specific.

Posted on Oct 8, 2002, 9:03 PM

more details?
by richie richie

I have a "mr clean" that i removed those useless kayaking guts from. I have a cascade that i thought i might use the entire outfitting unit, or i thought i might start from scratch, or i thought i might put the kayaking guts back in and modify it. looking for suggestions and details. thinking about the team.etc $35 kit also.

Posted on Oct 9, 2002, 3:42 PM

conversion info?
by richie richie

where do i get the best conversion information?

Posted on Oct 7, 2002, 4:15 PM

outfitting
by rob w

Personally I like the dagger console (the one in the cascade). It's quick, it's easy, it's lighter than the kayak outfitting you took out. Just pop it in go to the lake with a friend to find the best trim and mark it. Then go home and bolt it in. Usually some ingenuity is required to hold the back of the console down since it probably won't be under the cockpit rim. I used some plastic downspout that I slid under the rear foam pillar then bolted to the back part of the console. The other thing I found at home depot was a 4"x4"x4' piece of hollow plastic fence post? that I figured could be cut and slid under both the front and back foam pillars and provide good anchor points for thigh straps and a glue point for a saddle. There's also some good info with pictures at www.playak.com showing different outfitting options. At any rate you'll probably be playing with with the outfitting for some time to come in an effort to get it just so...so experiment and have fun. Good luck!
Rob

Posted on Oct 10, 2002, 5:47 AM
Keep the C!
Adam