C-Boat Festival

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

C-Boat Festival

Post by adkSara »

C-Boat Festival
by Craig Smerda
After speaking with several C-Boaters in the last year about the current rodeo scene the concept was brought up that we should have a festival once a year for C-paddlers from all over North America. We could have a rodeo, boatercross, downriver, and slalom race for Open & Decked boats, long and short, etc. (very informal!) Does this sound like something people would be interested in? Let me know!

Craig

Posted on Nov 6, 2002, 4:26 AM

Armadas
by Scott Broam
A few years ago Scott Wilkinson and Dave Miller organized the C-1 Concordia in/near D.C. - sort of a symposium, sort of a festival, mostly a bunch of C-boaters congregating and sharing ideas. Since then there have been a number of regional, informal gatherings - "Armadas", where C-boaters attempt to take over a river or rivers for a weekend or so. Oh, and consume much stromboli.

We most recently had one on the North Fork of the Potomac(? my memory fails me). I think there was one out west, there have been one or two in the northeast, I think one up in Canada.

I've heard a hint or two that we ought to have one this spring in the southeast. Anybody interested in one maybe centered around the Chattooga, Ocoee, or French Broad rivers?

Scott

Posted on Nov 6, 2002, 5:26 AM

Concordium?
by Sir Adam
Greetings...

How about another Concordia next spring...? I recall there was some interest at this past spring's Potomac Armada....

Sir Adam

Posted on Nov 6, 2002, 7:21 AM

Armadas and Concordia
by KNeal
Yep, Dave M. and Scott W. were the ones who started this message board in preparation for the c-1 Concordia they organized back in the fall of 1999. Now, we c-boaters have been putting together "Armadas" over the past several years to continue the tradition. The last big one was on the North Branch Potomac last spring and had a HUGE group of c-boaters on the river in all different styles of c-boats (slalom, squirt, rodeo/milk jugs, and open boats).

I propose that we put together several Armada opportunities for next year in the spring and summer and see if we can encourage and help Dave and Scott organize another Concordia. I volunteer to organize spring armadas on the N B Potomac and for Cheat Fest (yes, I want to have another go with Big Nasty!). There are also opportunities for the Black River and Moose in New York plus the Ocoee and French Broad in western North Carolina and eastern Tennessee. Any other recommendations? Does anyone else want to organize an armada?

Scott has kept the Concordia website up, it's at <users.erols.com/sierra1/concordia/>. Also, be sure to check out "Sir Adam's" website, <c.boats.net>, without www.

KNeal

Posted on Nov 6, 2002, 10:34 AM
adkSara