Question about Dagger pedestal

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Question about Dagger pedestal

Post by CosmikDebris »

So, should I buy a crapload of foam to outfit my boat or just get the Dagger pedestal? Is there a huge weight difference? I have paddled a little with the Pedestal/Hibgrabber combo in an ego and it does work pretty well. Also, is there any way to fit a bulkhead to it, I think i've seen pictures of this somewhere. Thanks,
Will
Timzjatl
C Guru

Post by Timzjatl »

I really like my dagger pedestals, but you'll still need a fair amount of foam to outfit it well. Its a lot easier to make sturdy outfitting with minimal effort with the pedestal, and I find that since there's not much foam under me, the pedestal doesn't shift as much. Plus you get a good place for a water bottle and to attach straps to
Tim
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Want to do it right? Two Words...

Post by Sir Adam »

TEAM etc...

Great system, and extremely customizable.
Keep the C!
Adam
Brettal
C Guru

Post by Brettal »

Let LiquidLogic know that you want a C1 pedestal! They were/are working on one, and if they get enough requests they just might put it into production.
Timzjatl
C Guru

Post by Timzjatl »

Ditto on the LL pedestal... I have seen one in person and its superb. I already requested one and they said they are still in the prototype stage.
Tim
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

LL pedestal

Post by PAC »

Should be at Cheat fest. If not there one may show at the Armada. In the mean time TEAM etc outfitting looks to be an easy install, sweat to paddle and best of - all light! My $.02!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Team etc.

Post by Mike W. »

I have a Cascade with the Dagger set up. It is comfortable & as previously stated, the plastic doesn't give quite as much as 8 vertical inches of foam under your butt. I used the Team etc. to convert my Big EZ. Everyone who sees it asks if it was a factory job. You can put a water jug in there too. I put a "collar" on the front of the pedestal to hold the bottom of the jug & a piece of bungee to hold the top (jug lays on it's side between my legs). Looking at the photos you get with the Team etc. info will give you some neat ideas as to what you can do to customize the set-up to fit your needs.
Mike W.
Space Canoe
C Guru

Post by Space Canoe »

Hey, Cosmik!
It's your old Intergalactic paddling buddy, Space Canoe! Yeah, I was eddied out behind the planet Buzzenthump in the middle of the Smackstilyou’reblax slipstream of the Frigidairian Galaxy when I think I ran into some of your CosmiK debris. PHEW!!! (HeeHee!!!)
Anyway, sorry to take so long in replying to your outfitting questions; my computer was in the shop for an upgrade.
If you're going to build your own set up, I would suggest getting one 24X48 block of 3 inch foam from

http://johnrsweet.com/

split that into two 12X48 pieces; one goes for your seat (9 inches wide is REALLY more comfortable than six inches wide), and then split a portion of the other 3 inch wide piece into two 1.5 -inch wide pieces (these flex better for good adhesion to the curves of the hull for your bulkhead). Whatever is left over can go to the kneepads or hip huggers or ankle braces, etc.

http://www.kayakoutfitting.com

would be a good place to check as well.
If you send me your e-mail address I'll send you some pictures of my different setups (definitely spaced out; certainly homemade!) if you're interested in taking that route.
Good luck, and keep us updated;
Ric Taylor