Good boats to outfit for C1???Suggestions???

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Ocoee Boater
Pain Boater

Good boats to outfit for C1???Suggestions???

Post by Ocoee Boater »

my old canoein teacher had a forplay..the kayak boat of course...and then converted it to rodeo style c1...that was a good boat cuz it was super for rodeo styke fun,,,but does anybody know a more challengin boat to use? the new FX 5.7 from dagger maybe...or even harder./.. i love the challenge...later

thanx

dONT go pickin your friends nose now.......
You can pick your friends
You can pick your nose
But you cant pick your friend's nose!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

You want challenge??

Post by Sir Adam »

Pick up the Groove Kalin was selling for a friend. Images still up in the Gallery (accessible via the left navigation bar). GREAT boat, but not for the faint of heart as many will attest to that tried it out this year on the NB of the Potomac....
Keep the C!
Adam
James
C Guru

Post by James »

depends a great deal on what you want to do. If you want to punish yourself (more than your regular C-boater!) and paddle a demanding boat, get a mad dog for cheap and make it a C1.

But more seriously, the short spud boats are challenging and super fun in the right spot, but run river terribly. Whereas the slightly older and longer forplay, ultrafuge, etc can do good playboating and better river running. Alot depends on your weight for what to chose, and how agressive you want to be, but I think you have that part sorted out.

Just keep in mind the leverage we get in C1. We don`t need to go into a super small boat for playboating to be able to throw it around.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

ha HA

Post by Sir Adam »

as Kalin would say...the Mad Dog..Ian (designer of the Groove) newer design that is, to say the least, not for the faint of heart either:). But, it is Plastic....

Either way, it'd be a blast (and a challenge). James does make a great point about not having to go super short to toss the boat around. After all, when is the last time you say a 'yakker cartwheel an 11'6" boat :D
Keep the C!
Adam
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

I bet the new Necky boats would be nice, and I'd say the Vibe would put forth a descent challenge. If I was going to get a new playboat...Definatly a Skip. Its an awesome boat if your under about 160 I'd say. We should design a Cboats.net playboat and build it in glass...that would be a lot of fun. An idea anyways...
will
Kevin
C Guru

Boats/

Post by Kevin »

I have a Kingping 6.2 C1. It rocks. For LL go Pocket Rocket. Basicly any of the newer freestly kayaks will be a blast.. The Dagger FX still not a great "all round " playboat, you CANNOT cartwhell that thing. even in a hole. It a good second playboat to have that you can basicly expolde loops in and air screw on a wave. I think blunts would even suck...it like paddle a pop can.
\\
Drop Waterfalls, Not Bombs
Paolo
Pain Boater

Post by Paolo »

I have a Dagger KP 6.2 and it's great for rodeo. Another really good C1 for rodeo (and cheeper) is the Robson Twin Tip 2003.

For all roud playboat I like my Necky Switch, fun and good until class 4; and for creek I have a Rainbow Zulu (like a little Y).

Of course there's a lot of other good boat.
Paolo Santoné

www.playboatingitalia.com
the italian playboating portal
Timzjatl
C Guru

Post by Timzjatl »

If you're smallish (150 ish) I'd recommend the Perception spin... very similar to the LL Skip, but can be had cheaper and is a little bigger. I really love mine, its a sick ocoee boat, great everywhere on the river. I've taken it down section 4 of the chattooga and it gets a little squirrely on class 4, but its doable. For an all around boat, try the riot disco. Its harder to cartwheel than the spin, but a much better all around boat, and runs rivers really well for its smaller size.
If you're ever back in the SE and wanna jump in hades Hole with the spin, give me an e-mail
Tim