Anybody ever convert a dagger response to C1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cjboater
c

Anybody ever convert a dagger response to C1

Post by cjboater »

Not sure if it is gonna be wide enough to be stable. If anyone has one or has done it, some performance and stability opinions would be appreiated. I'm hoping to leave my handicap (kayak) paddle in the storage this year.

Thanks in advance,
Chris 8)
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by KNeal »

I tried to find some stats on the Dagger Response from their discontinued boats site, but no such luck. That is a significantly old design that was specifically for larger boaters, which means it is longer, high volume boat. The downside to converting this kyack is weight and size. I would compare it to a Gyra Max or the Cascade, but probably with less initial stability, and it most likely is narrower in width.

After saying all that, definitely give it a try. It would be rare to find a c-boater that looks at things always in a practical, most convenient way :wink: . Since it is an older boat, you probably won't harm it anymore than the previous kyack owners have already done to it (and if you are the only owner of the boat, then you are already aware of the paddling history of the boat :D ).

Are you new to c-boating? Welcome to our website and definitely leave your training blade at home. Check out the TEAM etc site for outfitting suggestions, and also do a search for previous posts here on that subject. Don't forget to check out the pics of all the COOL boats 8) ! If you do convert your Response, send pics to "Sir" Adam so he can add it to the rec boats page. :lol: .

Good luck and keep us up-to-date.

KNeal
cjboater
c

Post by cjboater »

Thanks for the info. Dagger took the response off the disc. boats page about a year ago. Its not a huge boat, I think 11'2" and don't remember volume. Was bought new in '96 for wife. fir her and performed perfect at 125# and 5'10". Myself and her brother have both paddled the hades out of it and it on class IV, and it performs like a champ. In all reality I like it way more than my playboat. I've just gotten into cboating this year as I came up on a dagger rival for free fully outfitted, great price. Anyway thanks for the info.

Chris 8)
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Hmmm

Post by Sir Adam »

One comment-I converted a New Wave Attitude once. BAD idea. GREAT beginner 'yak (as is the Response...Dagger's "response" :wink: to the "Dancer" as I recall (for larger paddlers anyway...crossfire for smaller paddlers as I recall)). The Attitude had great secondary stability, but not enough primary...which for a CBoat meant you were just plain over :o . Mind, you, it ROLLED GREAT :D .

I'd look at the hull, and kneel in it a bit to see how it feels before going to the trouble of converting it.

If you do go ahead with it, definitely let us know how it turns out!
Keep the C!
Adam